New member Registrations

Started by Halfcrazy, June 10, 2011, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok we implemented some new ideas today so if you tried to register in the last 2-3 days and have not got Admin approval please retry. I apologize for this but I have had literally hundreds of new members and 99.9% are spam and I am off at a wind conference and the MREA Energy Fair so I am way behind.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

keyturbocars

Stinkin' Spammers!  They take away some of the fun and benefit of the internet.

I guess that's the way it is... it's often a few rotten "apples" that spoil it for the whole bunch.

Edward

Halfcrazy

Yeah Today has been brutal we have had 35-40 new members in 24 hours all spammers and half of them get posts on the board before I get to them. I am thinking the middle road on registration where the new member gets an email link to activate there account. This way should eliminate 90% of them and I will try this soon.

crackodawn

Hi, I'm Bugs. I might be the first to use Midnight Solar Classics in motorhomes, not as a profession but personal use. So far I'm on the way to installing 2 Classic 150s in family motorhomes. This has been a learning experience so far but well worth it.

I had originally considered a professional installation but after the last professionals toasted by entire battery bank and in general just fussed things up I figured I could do no worse and if something broke later at least I'd know where to go to fix it.

Resthome

Hi, my name is John. I've got a 1400W system with a Classic 150 and a Solar One 850AH 12V battery bank on a Houseboat on Lake Don Pedro in the Central Valley of California.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Lesmar

Hi, I have yesterday purchase Classic 150 and  I am now ready absorb all your classic wisdom. ;D.
Thank you for having me.
Leslie

TomW

Quote from: Lesmar on December 30, 2013, 07:17:17 PM
Hi, I have yesterday purchase Classic 150 and  I am now ready absorb all your classic wisdom. ;D.
Thank you for having me.
Leslie

Leslie;

Welcome to the forum!

Seems best to dive right in.

It can help a lot to include what is in your system in your signature line. It can help streamline getting information / help.

Again, welcome to the forum and feel free to dive right in.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

We have had a big run on Russian Spammers so I have locked us down a little, New members will have to wait for approval of the admin now. I apologize for the grief but we need to keep the spam in check

russ_drinkwater

Make sure you pack some "spam" and baked beans for your wind conference Halfcrazy!
It always works for me! ;)
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

TomW

We got hit pretty hard again overnight by the Russian Spammers. I am not prejudiced, they are definitely Russian sites attacking us.

I apologize for the time it took to nuke them all. I had to do them manually, one at a time

They have gotten even more sneaky since the last time we had trouble with them and Ryan and I will be looking at ways to keep them out Monday when he gets back online.

I am not approving anyone as new members until we sort this out.

If any members have someone who wants to join, fire off a message to me here with their email and username they would like and I will set it up manually.

We really do not want to inconvenience anyone but this site is a Primary Support conduit for Midnite Solar and we cannot have Spammers dumping their links here. Period. End Quote.

Just to keep folks informed.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Jiro

Hola.
Diculpas por escribir en español, pero no entiendo mucho ingles.
No se si es el sitio correcto para presentarme.

Soy de España y entro en este mundo con una instalación con un Classic 150 y un Lite 150 usando un MNSICOMM conectado a un Sunny Island 6.0 y a un Sunny Boy TL21-4000 con baterías de 1000Ah de tracción 48V y 10.000W en paneles solares. Ademas tengo un par e Kid's conectados a otras baterías, placas e inversores como sistemas de respaldo

Estoy comenzando en este mundillo, por lo que seguro que me surgen consultas que haceros.

Gracias por el foro, que seguro aprendo mucho leyéndolo

Doug

CDN-VT

Quote from: Jiro on April 13, 2016, 06:19:42 PM
Hola.

Soy de España y entro en este mundo con una instalación con un Classic 150 y un Lite 150 usando un MNSICOMM conectado a un Sunny Island 6.0 y a un Sunny Boy TL21-4000 con baterías de 1000Ah de tracción 48V y 10.000W en paneles solares. Ademas tengo un par e Kid's conectados a otras baterías, placas e inversores como sistemas de respaldo

Estoy comenzando en este mundillo, por lo que seguro que me surgen consultas que haceros.

Hi.
Apologies for writing in Spanish, but do not understand much English.
Not whether it is right to introduce site.
I'm from Spain and came into this world with an installation Classic Lite 150 and 150 using a MNSICOMM connected to a Sunny Island 6.0 and a Sunny Boy TL21-4000 with traction batteries 48V 1000Ah and 10.000W in solar panels. In addition I have a couple and Kid's connected to other batteries, plates and investors as backup systems
I'm starting in this business, so sure I make you come consultations.
Thanks for the forum, which will surely learn a lot reading

https://translate.google.com/

I use this to read Your Post , And welcome , maybe I'll pickup some Spanish  ;)  old dog , ya never know!

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

dapago

Quote from: Jiro on April 13, 2016, 06:19:42 PM
Hola.

Hola Jiro. El espagnol no es mi primer idioma (tampoco el inglés) pero creo hablarlo suficiente bien para poder ayudarte con unas traduciones  si tienes dudas. Saludos

Hello Jiro. Spanish is not my mother tongue (neither English) but I think I can help you here with a few translating if you have some doubts. Best.
Off-grid. Midnight Classic 200. 2,480W array wired (8x310W/2P, 4S) .Magnum Inverter MS4448PAE. 8*225Ah @48V Trojan T105RE Smart Carbon. MN bkrs box.

MrDjango

Not sure which of these topics is for new members to say "hello" in so I posted in a couple of them...

Greetings all! I've been lurking here as a guest for a few weeks. I'm interested in building/designing a solar power system for a  small hunting cabin. Something that will handle about 1800WHs for 2 to 3 days of usage a dozen times of year.
I'm seriously considering a Midnite Classic 150 MPPT.
I recently have been given most of the major components for a 12 volt system (less the CC and solar panels). The components I was given will work in my application but are probably much better suited for an RV or a boat (the 2 inverters are Xantrex SW3012).
I've been trying to sell the the Xantrex 12v inverters so I can move to a 24v or a 48v system. At this point I've not had success.
So, a 12volt system appears to be in my future.       
Modify message