News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Help me with the FAQ's

Started by Halfcrazy, February 04, 2011, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Ok I am going to throw out a general request for topics for our FAQ section. I will make this thread a sticky and would prefer that everyone just post there FAQ requests here and I will add them as we can answer them.

Thank you for the help.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

niel

ok, so this is the features page in the making, so to speak? you could mention the variable mv for the temp variations.

boB

Quote from: niel on February 04, 2011, 09:47:56 PM
ok, so this is the features page in the making, so to speak? you could mention the variable mv for the temp variations.

Good idea.  0.5 milli-Volt increments up to 10 mV.

(minus of course) 0.0  (disabled), 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5.....  .... 9.0, 9.5, 10.0 mV

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

keyturbocars

Perhaps a FAQ topic listing all the currently supported wind turbine brands/models which have power curves pre-programmed in the Classic.  This would be a running list that would be added to over time obviously. 

Also, maybe a FAQ topic giving tips on how to create your own wind power curve.  The video that boB made is helpful, but some more specific details on how to do it would be helpful.  Sort of like this post I made a couple weeks ago inquiring how to set up my power curve, but perhaps for the FAQ thread, it could be more generic to fit any turbine.

http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Edward

boB

Quote from: keyturbocars on February 05, 2011, 10:24:02 AM
Perhaps a FAQ topic listing all the currently supported wind turbine brands/models which have power curves pre-programmed in the Classic.  This would be a running list that would be added to over time obviously. 

Also, maybe a FAQ topic giving tips on how to create your own wind power curve.  The video that boB made is helpful, but some more specific details on how to do it would be helpful.  Sort of like this post I made a couple weeks ago inquiring how to set up my power curve, but perhaps for the FAQ thread, it could be more generic to fit any turbine.

http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Edward

Absolutely required, Edward.  We'll get to this video hopefully soon.  It will definitely be necessary !

Thanks,
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

keyturbocars

Sounds good.  Thanks boB!

Edward

jpc3

A clear explanation of how to use the aux points for dc circuit low voltage disconnect would certainly help me.  Thanks.

boB

Quote from: jpc3 on July 14, 2011, 09:20:49 PM
A clear explanation of how to use the aux points for dc circuit low voltage disconnect would certainly help me.  Thanks.

The Aux 1  diversion mode should make a good LV Disconnect.

If you want the Aux 1 output to go high when the battery voltage goes below a set point voltage, select
the mode  "DIVERSION SLW-"  which makes the Aux 1 output go HIGH (12 to 15 Volts) when the
battery voltage goes below the V LOW voltage setting.  It will go HIGH after the TIME setting, "HOLD"
which is in seconds.

I would simply set the DELAY time to, say, 5 seconds and the HOLD time to 30 seconds or so.

This will allow the battery voltage to go below your V LOW set point when loads are turning
on but will not trip the output high for those short sags in battery voltage and be a nuisance.

Then, when the battery voltage rises above the "V HIGH" for the that DELAY time of 5 seconds.

Pick the High and low times and voltages to suit your needs.

We will probably add a dedicated LVD function into the Aux modes but would be this same
setup except with pre-set times and selectable voltages.

If this is not quite clear enough, just let us know.

This is a good FAQ question !

Thanks,
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Frank

Any progress on the concept of using a charge controller as a battery charger i.e. from the grid?  There's a growing number of EV's out there... I converted a motorcycle last year (72VDC nom.) and would have loved to have had access to a good programmable charger!  (Still would, actually...)

Halfcrazy

CostyOK

I  have a situations with midnite solar classic lite 150:
After upgrade for new server, every night all led`s blinks like a error, but charging, server data and local pannel it is ok.
Why blinks all led`s ?
Thanks,

Halfcrazy

Costy
That is a firmware bug, You need a new MNLP display. Email me at ryan@midnitesolar.com with your shipping address and I will send you one

CostyOK

Ohh, that`is the problem.
Thanks for quick support.
I sent email at specificated adress.