My MidNite ver3

Started by Halfcrazy, October 20, 2015, 09:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

What firmware version are you running?
Assuming you "Enabled" Web Access and rebooted the Classic?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

grgdgreek

O.k. you are not going to believe this....
Just got home an said -"eh let me try connecting" Viola now works.-!!!!
I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
What's goin on???
To answer the above Q.  2096 2097 - full reboot.
I did this before installing the classics.
I have not changed nothing in the past 2days!
Now it's up and running?!!?
is this just me?
George.
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

TomW

Quote from: grgdgreek on May 31, 2016, 12:23:26 PM
O.k. you are not going to believe this....
Just got home an said -"eh let me try connecting" Viola now works.-!!!!
I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
What's goin on???
To answer the above Q.  2096 2097 - full reboot.
I did this before installing the classics.
I have not changed nothing in the past 2days!
Now it's up and running?!!?
is this just me?
George.

I would point out  that the internet is a very complex thing and there are many reasons "stuff" doesn't work as expected. 

Some providers actively filter certain connections. Satellite internet is the worst. They send "fake" acknowledgement (ACK) packets to give the appearance of reduced latency which can cause problems with some protocols. Similar things can happen with wireless connections, as well.

Anyway, I would submit that intermittent erratic behaviour could be your internal network and / or router or the internet  itself.

Even a "fast" connection can experience high latency (essentially slow response time) which can be a problem for some types of connections.

Bottom line is it is probably beyond your or Midnite's control if that makes sense.

Probably not what you want to hear.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

grgdgreek

Makes sense. :-)
I happy it's working.-have a trip planned and like to keep an eye on things while away.
I must say a very warm thank you for everyone's help:-) and time!! :-)
If there was more people in this world like the people in this forum things would go a lot smoother.
jmho,

George.:-)
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

Westbranch

Just a quick note to say that

XPLORNET which uses a HUGHES Modem DOES NOT work for connecting to MM2...

BUT

I now have Net connection via a small local ISP, (using a small wireless broadband system tapped into the Fiber Optic cable),   that gives you your own FIXED IP Address and I just signed in and there is a month of data now viewable...!!!
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

chesuncook1

Hi Everyone, I have had a classic 150 running flawlessly for years now. I am not computer savvy and don't understand most of what I read here. I have had Hughes net gen 4 internet for years also. What I don't understand is why year after year, MidNite has not come up with a simple solution to view info like I can with the dash board when on the local network. I am disappointed with MidNite over this. Years ago I bought a $100 dlink pan and tilt camera. I had it set up in minutes and have been viewing remotely for years without a problem. Could someone please give me some insight as to what I am missing here. Thank you very much.
Off Grid - 2 Kyocera 120w, 10 DM Solar 145w = 1690w @54v feeding MidNite Classic 150 charging 12 - T105s @ 24v. Magnum 2800w Mod. sine, Trace 4kw 240v stepup.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: chesuncook1 on October 01, 2018, 06:43:48 AM
Hi Everyone, I have had a classic 150 running flawlessly for years now. I am not computer savvy and don't understand most of what I read here. I have had Hughes net gen 4 internet for years also. What I don't understand is why year after year, MidNite has not come up with a simple solution to view info like I can with the dash board when on the local network. I am disappointed with MidNite over this. Years ago I bought a $100 dlink pan and tilt camera. I had it set up in minutes and have been viewing remotely for years without a problem. Could someone please give me some insight as to what I am missing here. Thank you very much.
Are you saying you have Local Status app running okay to view Classic data ( and change settings ) but now you also want to set it up for MyMidnite ?  Have you followed all the steps to set up MyMidnite - opened an account,  entered your Classic serial number , etc  like it says in the instructions?  There is one place on the Classic where you need to enable the web access and don't remember if that is on by default or not .  If you have done all that are you saying you can't see your MyMidnite data on MyMidnite site ?
Hard to help because I am not sure what you have tried so far .

Here are some troubleshooting help from Midnite page ( note number 4)

"Frequently Asked Questions
All Categories » CLASSIC CHARGE CONTROLLER - Features and Programming
CLASSIC - WHY MY CLASSIC DOES NOT SEND DATA TO MYMIDNITE
1) You changed the MM:0.0.0.0 setting in the Classic thinking this is SECONDARY DNS, it is NOT.
MM: is an IP address that is used to send the data from the Classic when "WEB ENABLED" is set. This is used when a private or BETA MyMidnite server is setup on this IP address. The Classic will IGNORE the IP obtained with DNS for "WWW.MYMIDNITE.COM" and use the MM: Setting if it is not "0.0.0.0". In the Local App this setting is called "DNS OVER RIDE".

2) You don't have a good connection to the Internet.

3) You made changes to the Classic's NETWORK settings in the "NET" menu, saved them but failed to POWER-CYCLE the Classic to get these NEW settings activated.

4) You are using some satellite Internet service such as HughsNet. Customers have report problems with this and MyMidnite due to packet compression technologies. Disabling compression may allow the Classic to send data successfully.

5) Firmware is too old."

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

KyleM

You can always set up remote desktop on your local machine. Once that is done you can use the Local App from any location that you have remote desktop configured for.
Best of both worlds
-Kyle

Westbranch

Word to the Uninitiated:  Unless you have a designated IP addressed (fixed) and are subscribed to one of their FASTEST SPEED offerings, save yourself a lot of headaches and puzzlement and don't even start !!! the lag time on satellite is not compatible with the more modern speeds we are all expecting...
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,

chesuncook1

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on October 01, 2018, 01:12:15 PM
Are you saying you have Local Status app running okay to view Classic data ( and change settings ) but now you also want to set it up for MyMidnite ?  Have you followed all the steps to set up MyMidnite - opened an account,  entered your Classic serial number , etc  like it says in the instructions?  There is one place on the Classic where you need to enable the web access and don't remember if that is on by default or not .  If you have done all that are you saying you can't see your MyMidnite data on MyMidnite site ?
Hard to help because I am not sure what you have tried so far .

Here are some troubleshooting help from Midnite page ( note number 4)

"Frequently Asked Questions
All Categories » CLASSIC CHARGE CONTROLLER - Features and Programming
CLASSIC - WHY MY CLASSIC DOES NOT SEND DATA TO MYMIDNITE
1) You changed the MM:0.0.0.0 setting in the Classic thinking this is SECONDARY DNS, it is NOT.
MM: is an IP address that is used to send the data from the Classic when "WEB ENABLED" is set. This is used when a private or BETA MyMidnite server is setup on this IP address. The Classic will IGNORE the IP obtained with DNS for "WWW.MYMIDNITE.COM" and use the MM: Setting if it is not "0.0.0.0". In the Local App this setting is called "DNS OVER RIDE".

2) You don't have a good connection to the Internet.

3) You made changes to the Classic's NETWORK settings in the "NET" menu, saved them but failed to POWER-CYCLE the Classic to get these NEW settings activated.

4) You are using some satellite Internet service such as HughsNet. Customers have report problems with this and MyMidnite due to packet compression technologies. Disabling compression may allow the Classic to send data successfully.

5) Firmware is too old."

Larry

Hi Larry, thank you for responding. Yes, the local app works fine and I have an account all set up on mymidnite2 with all of the classics info. I will check to make sure I have enabled web access. No info has ever shown up on MM but it has been a while since I tried. It is now telling me to update my firmware are which I will do when back at camp on Oct. 15th for a week. I spend a week per month at camp from spring to fall.

1. If I understand correctly, my DNS override should remain all hero's. I will check.

2. My gen 4 Hughes net works well. We Vidio chat on Facebook, use our cell phones to make Wi-Fi calls, etc without issue.

3. I haven't made any changes since I set it up years ago but it is possible that I didn't power cycle the classic back then. I will try that after the firmware update.

4. I will try disabling packet compression after trying the new firmware.

5. Firmware is now old and it says it needs updating. That will be the first thing I try.

Thanks again Larry, I will report back once I have tried all the above.

Off Grid - 2 Kyocera 120w, 10 DM Solar 145w = 1690w @54v feeding MidNite Classic 150 charging 12 - T105s @ 24v. Magnum 2800w Mod. sine, Trace 4kw 240v stepup.

chesuncook1

Sorry, I didn't post that right. My message is in the quote.

chesuncook1

Quote from: KyleM on October 01, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

You can always set up remote desktop on your local machine. Once that is done you can use the Local App from any location that you have remote desktop configured for.
Best of both worlds
-Kyle
Hi Kyle, thank you. I do have an older laptop I could leave there. I will try Larry's ideas first and if I still have no luck, I could try the remote desk top thing.

Scott

chesuncook1

Quote from: Westbranch on October 02, 2018, 04:18:40 PM
Word to the Uninitiated:  Unless you have a designated IP addressed (fixed) and are subscribed to one of their FASTEST SPEED offerings, save yourself a lot of headaches and puzzlement and don't even start !!! the lag time on satellite is not compatible with the more modern speeds we are all expecting...
Hi Westbranch, I know satellite is not great internet but the cheap camera works fine and it's uploading Vidio and sound. Hopefully something above will work. I only want to view data, I don't want to change anything. I leave a refrigerator running all summer and I just wonder how it does during a rainy time. It's never shut down but I would like to know how low my batteries get sometimes. My camp is 6 hrs. away.

Thanks
Scott

Westbranch

Good to know you have a faster one than I got.  We now have a 'local' land based system of 6  towers covering 4 ' communities ( valleys) now and it ties into a fiber optic cable.  Unlimited down loads but we stuck with the slowest package as we too use our smart phone for Voip.  What really swayed me was the 'fixed IP address' was FREE.  The sat guys wanted $10 / month for that feature...
right now I am having a similar issue with charging vs Fridge consumption.

Do you have a small server on site to run the web cam or is the the PVR that transmits? Make and model of Cam ++?

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Westbranch on October 03, 2018, 11:59:59 AM
Good to know you have a faster one than I got.  We now have a 'local' land based system of 6  towers covering 4 ' communities ( valleys) now and it ties into a fiber optic cable.  Unlimited down loads but we stuck with the slowest package as we too use our smart phone for Voip.  What really swayed me was the 'fixed IP address' was FREE.  The sat guys wanted $10 / month for that feature...
right now I am having a similar issue with charging vs Fridge consumption.

Do you have a small server on site to run the web cam or is the the PVR that transmits? Make and model of Cam ++?

Check this out Westbranch - I bought the Wyzecam  , installed the opensource software on computer , and it works but I have not gone the next step to figure out how to stream it or anything else. There is a small plastic enclosure available  that slides over it to make it waterproof - I may get one of those sometime so I can put it outside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JeMudwlOzM&t=11s

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable