unwanted data in offline data

Started by Ray Strickland, October 23, 2015, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Strickland

I have my classic running for the first time for the last 7 days. It had data from the beginning all the way to 15/31/2127.
where did this data come from and how do I delete it. I takes a long time to gather to export and most of the time drops off and I
have to access again.
All else appears to be OK.
Thanks

BobWhite

I didn't wright the program but IMHO I believe, that is the platform that will be overwritten each and every day for the period of 380 days and then starts rewrite again. If you delete the layout you wont have anything to wright to. But I could be wrong! :-X :)
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

BobWhite

I takes a long time to gather to export and most of the time drops off and I
have to access again.
Thanks
[/quote]

I normally find when it drops I have a bad connection at the cpu
12-Lifeline AGM 8D's
10-Lifeline AGM GPL 31T
16- Diehard GC2
4-Classic 3-150 and 1-200
1-Classic Lite
2-BRATS
5wiz bang Jrs, , 2- Samlex-24Volt
5- 235 MX60s
10- Sharp 198
10 Solar world 345 XL Mono

Resthome

Quote from: Ray Strickland on October 23, 2015, 03:58:57 PM
I have my classic running for the first time for the last 7 days. It had data from the beginning all the way to 15/31/2127.
where did this data come from and how do I delete it. I takes a long time to gather to export and most of the time drops off and I
have to access again.
Thanks
There is a way to clear all the off line data. It use to be pretty Awkward  but I thing boB added a menu item to do this and I doubt it is in the manual because it is obsolete.

The disconnects are a know issue with the Clasic network stack and the local app. Especially Offline data because it uses A Modbus FTP function to transfer that data. A repeatable network disconnect is reproducible by allowing the local app to sit on the Offline Data function. You also do not want to leave the Classic in any of the DAILY LOG functions and using the LA as it will cause the Classic to reboot.

Midnite has promised to resolve the network disconnect issues but it has not happened yet.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Resthome

Well here is the old way to do it. Quoted from boB.

Well, it turns out that there IS a way to erase the Logs and the Lifetime kW-Hours and amp-Hours...

But you have to use the USB connection and a terminal emulator of some sort. There are all
sorts of these floating around the internet of course. I use Secure CRT which is an SSH program
with a nice emulator but different terminal emulators that you connect to a com port with should work fine.

A long time ago I tried Hyperterminal in XP but it would not work for some reason. I imagine that
windows 7 should work better.

First, if you are running windows and have the Midnite Update drivers and software to update
your Classics and MNGP code, you have the necessary drivers installed already. Also, when
the update software was installed you made the Classic talk to COM 8 port. So the hard
part should already be done. If you have never updated your Classic code, that should be
OK, just download the latest MidNiteUpdate softare and install it and change that port to
COM 8 like the videos and PDFs say.

In Linux, the drivers should already be there (CDC emulation) so you will have to plug the Classic in to find the device that the Classic has become.

Now, when the Classic is running, go into the MNGP MISC menu and then to the COMM
sub menu. Highlight the center USB Mode choice and change it to mode 3 which is
labelled "interactive"... Actually, to first test the connection, you might want to
set that mode to like, 0 or 1 so that the Classic spits out information to your
PC and terminal emulator. With the Midnite Update drivers installed, it should
be live on COM 8 and outputting some CSV data in ASCII.

So, now, if you are receiving the characters from the Classic, set that USB mode
to 3 and the terminal screen should be just sitting there.

To erase all of the Daily and Minutely (recent history) logs, type this and then ENTER (return)...

"reset Logs All" (without the quotes) and watch and wait as a bunch of numerals roll
by... It takes just a minute and when it is done, the terminal will show "OK"

To erase the Lifetime kW-Hours and amp-Hours type this and then ENTER (return)

"reset Logs kW-Hours" (w/o quotes)

I just checked it on my Classic here in the lab and it worked just fine.
It has been a very long time since I even tried it. We'll put this in the manual.

That should do it.

boB

There are some resets for some logs by going to the Log Menu and pressing Enter. You can then scroll to see which ones to clear. Could be I used the old way. I know I have done it in the past. Off course you have to have the MNGP.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Ray Strickland

Thanks
I will have to wait for the info in the manual.
Maybe I can follow that or I may have to live with the old data for now.
It needs to be more simple for me.