Hydro power with Powerspout - Midnite - Schneider -Rolls

Started by ecovolt, October 25, 2015, 05:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecovolt

Jacotenente

Quote from: ecovolt on October 25, 2015, 05:26:51 AM
Here is the 5 min video with this installation. I hope you like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7AZ8IzY3E

Very cool...just watched it. Please visit my Facebook Renewable Energy page...https://www.facebook.com/groups/366516933388132/
I can add you if you like. I lived in Europe for many years...my Romanian is a little rusty tho.

CDN-VT

Nice .
More info on the water supply & dykes & building would also be nice .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ecovolt

I did sent the request to Facebook :) we'll stay in touch :)

this one is even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBqgOthuEAQ

CDN-VT

@ Ecovolt
Great Video , I would think that the Classic would be in float most of the time with 24/7 hydro supply , BUT it shows Bulk-Absorb
Next was the second down pipe in orange , is that an overflow safety ? ,so the Spout is kept dry .

Nice , I would like to have a creak plus , right now Im in the first stages of controlling rain downpours .
Im figuring waterwheel since I'll never have that flow of 80L/second  min.

I have huge space but on top of a big bump 300' 100m above sea level that's 100m away .Im ocean front .
these last few wet years I get garden lakes , need boots & waders some days to walk , So I figure , harvest a drainage .
6 & 8 inch pipe is a few g already.
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

ecovolt

@CDN-VT .... yes indeed ..the system is most of the time in Float.  The video was made during the initial test in order to see how the turbine perform. So ... at that time it was in Bulk - Absorb mode :) . The second pipe ( small one) is for overflow as you have expected. :)

What is important to see in the video is the turbine location that was installed at 4,5m height from the ground.  In order to create the fall requested by the turbine I had to cross over a road ...and I couldn't put the pipe in the "air". So the pipe was installed under the ground ( and under the road) . The total fall between intake and turbine house ground level was about 7m. The turbine is installed at 4,5m and the difference that remains is 2,5m between intake and turbine vane. With this difference, we were are able to push about 80L/sec through the 315mm pipe line.  That would be enough for a single turbine.

The most difficult for any hydro application system, is to calculate the requirements to get the proper functionality. In this are there is no room for error.

CDN-VT

So true Ecovolt .

So how is your water intake harvesting the turbine water and no dirt/leaves / floaters .
Got a video on that ?

I like the system , But my big water is 100m away & i'd need a currant  harvester ( Inside Passage  BC Canukland) , plus the . GOV is so picky about anything here, if they can TAX it , then your good to grow .. 

VT

russ_drinkwater

Tell them nothing and take em nowhere is the best way to keep gov off your back!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Russ , They are so in need of money that they fly quads over your property to check on everything.
They tried to tax my chicken tractors ( yes folks , I harness chickens & beat them to pull tractors ) saying that we had new buildings . I saw the quad , then poof , it ran out of power , crashed in the forest , and they came demanding !!
It's coming to downunder also , unless you smartin the political dick-wads up . here they can't stop sucking any extra money you had . & just to pay a MIKE DUFFY BS.

The ones WHO do not work for any output of GDP are leaches , or .GOV  who want every cent . We have the WORST education system BUT the Best dumbing up system .  Very few can do mind math , and most need a cash register system to show them the change . Don't throw in some change to make it work out even !! Your now in crap because they need a manager who is as dumb struck .. And you billed me taxes for this schooling of the one behind ? MAN we got RIPPED!!!

Id trust very few to do squat , can't think , need the same problem & be told the simulation .
Ishould post up the math out of Seattle friend .
Diane is a smarty & uses mind math , 45YO lady while im WOTH .

VT
I'll edit & add if I find

Friggin Rant over.

russ_drinkwater

Same here. I can not get it through to my 8yo's teacher they should be spending more time rope learning times tables so it is auto retrieve
instead of worrying about digraph words and other crap like that!
I had 3 years as cashier pre-computers in gov dept. I was responsible for any cash losses out of my own pocket, so I was glad for my in head maths skills.
Drones here in rural australia are rare and even used as skeet clays when people find them!
This country is too sparely populated for the gov minions to have any real impact.
Plus most australians do not give a rats arse what the gov says or tells them to do! One reason why gov hates rural folk and thinks we are all
brain dead hillbillies! :P
If only they knew the truth.
And our gov here is going broke as well as they can not contain their spending. If they were in private enterprise they would be broke and bankrupt!
At least with my boys being hillbillies they understand what makes the world work, how things breed, what is edible, where food comes from and that gay activity between 2 males and/or 2 females is not "normal".
Drugs are the things that worry me the most as we are having a huge inflow of ice into australia atm!
Never thought of using chickens to plough dirt mate  :o
Oh and the other thing that I have found over the years is that all of the gov wankers are not builders, they are destroyers.
They have never built a house, a fence, a chicken coop, a watering system, a solar power system, furniture etc.
They are just drones and turners!
Turner = Someone who does nothing and eats good food and turns it into shite!
My say lol.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Turner = Someone who does nothing and eats good food and turns it into shite!

Love it . we Must move this Conversation & thinking over to
Tin Hat area .
This is a fine forum and we all need to keep it straight . 
Chicken tractors = http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-tractors-mobile-chicken-coop-designs

BioPower

Quote from: ecovolt on October 25, 2015, 05:26:51 AM
Here is the 5 min video with this installation. I hope you like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7AZ8IzY3E

Not sure if you realise but the actual generator is a motor from a Fisher Paykel washing machine. LG use the same type of motor in many of there washing machine but a larger version with a metal rotor.
9.5 KW Solar Panels, 2 Midnite Classic 150, 8 KW self-built 8 KW Inverter,  5KW AC coupled grid tie Inverter, Exide 775AH @C5 48V forklift battery

CDN-VT