News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

What to set AH as

Started by asdex, October 29, 2015, 05:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdex

Hi, my battery bank is 24 volts and 440AH. The batteries are about 9 years old (battery date 2006) so are getting to the end of life. Do I still program them into the WBJr setup as 440AH? Should I use a difference efficiency? The batteries are 6 volt 220AH Hella Endurant batteries.
I plan to get new batteries once my setup and loading is complete. Most likely 4 x Crown RE 515AH.
Cheers,
6 x JA Solar 320w solar panels facing NW, 4 x 300w panels facing North.
12 x 2volt Narada lead carbon batteries (24v 400ah), Classic and WBJr, Epever 50A controller, Outback FX2024 inverter and Mate, Trimetric monitor, Alibaba solar pump.

zoneblue

if you are brave enough to capacity test them, that would give a usable figure. Otherwise its anyones guess.

What sort of life have they had? 9 yrs is not bad run.

The locals around here tend to increase the absorb setpoint by 0.1V for each year of age.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

asdex

Thanks, I'll look at those setpoints. Not sure of battery history but they have been low on water sometimes and tap water topped up so they are doing pretty well.
With our fridge running they are at 95% in the mornings before the sun comes up.
Cheers,
6 x JA Solar 320w solar panels facing NW, 4 x 300w panels facing North.
12 x 2volt Narada lead carbon batteries (24v 400ah), Classic and WBJr, Epever 50A controller, Outback FX2024 inverter and Mate, Trimetric monitor, Alibaba solar pump.