Smaller exterior (outside) Baby Big Box?

Started by Jacotenente, December 14, 2015, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacotenente

Does Midnite Solar make an outside rated DIN railed Baby Big Box? I want to house two 150vDC breakers outside near the PV arrays. Or...what is the smallest/least expensive option do I have for a small weather resistant breaker box? Thanks.

Chris

zoneblue

MNPV3 i think it is called. 3 breaker combiner.

P.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Halfcrazy

That is correct the MNPV3 is a 3 spot din rail box and the MNPV6 is the 6 spot outside box
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Jacotenente

kellis

Quote from: Jacotenente on December 14, 2015, 10:03:53 PM
Does Midnite Solar make an outside rated DIN railed Baby Big Box? I want to house two 150vDC breakers outside near the PV arrays. Or...what is the smallest/least expensive option do I have for a small weather resistant breaker box? Thanks.

Chris

Please excuse my ignorance.  If you mounted this disconnect near the PV arrays, wouldn't someone (fireman?) think it was a master PV disconnect?  From the manual:

QuoteFuses are available from 1 to 30 amps.  (...) Use MidNite Solar 1000 Volt  fuses.  These devices are not polarity sensitive, but do not open them under load.   You
WILL have a fire on your hands!

I'm looking for a exterior, pole mounted disconnect that would not arc-over/self destruct if the breakers were thrown under high-amp, DC voltage.  What relatively low-cost options would you use? 

In our older system, we shutdown the system outputs first and then proceed back to the input disconnects ....