Reason for Resting Code 38

Started by Resthome, January 20, 2016, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

boB..

What is the RFR code 38?  I saw the Classic resting today after I had done a short manual Equalize and then manually Stop Equalize. The Classic went to RESTING shortly after and the Local App indicated it was code 38. I don't show a RFR 38 in any of the lists I currently have is there an updated RFR List that has 38 on it? If so could you post the list.  Thanks
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

RFR 38 is fairly new.

What it means is that the  Classic saw the battery voltage above the set-point voltage
AND near zero watts output for 90 seconds.

ReasonForResting = 38   8-4-2015  External charger.  zero watts @ set point 90 sec

Normally you  don't want it to just go to resting but, in this case, it's OK for it to at least check.

Possibly, a secondary charging source.

The Classic will stay in  Resting for at least 15 seconds before re-trying to give the battery voltage
a chance to drop below set point.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Thanks boB..

That would be the case when coming out of Equalize mode. It took a few minutes for the voltage to drop down to the Float set point and the charging had gone to zero because I had no load on the system at the time.

I applied a little load of around 4 amps and after a few minutes it when to float. I'll have to look at the exact data from the LA.

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Yeah, in that case it just didn't need to turn on for a while.

Good deal.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me