Wind KID + Clipper

Started by devo, January 26, 2016, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Just saw this setup on the website. I've read all the other posts about it, but have yet to see any official update on the status of this unit.

Will this be available any time soon?

We would order 20 of these units today if they do what I think they will.

Storeko

Hi,

Can Mario or anybody else give us clear statement on whats going on with wind KID + KID clipper.

If there is not plan to ever releasing it can we at least get firmware with kid wind/hydro MPPT charging algorithm as promised years ago (on original kid datasheet)

Thanks

FNG

i understand it is still a ways out but I have pinged Sue in the sales dept so she can answer the exact time line (or a best guess)

FNG

I just talked to Mario, It looks like with his current workload I want to say it may be 6 months or more before its ready for beta testing, Mario is working on a few other charge controllers and the inverter and the SPD's so the poor guy is spread to thin at the moment.

dgd

It has been a few years  :)
Would MN reconsider releasing all the KID firmware source code? Perhaps to just a few people who are interested in progressing it. (Me included!)
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Storeko

Hi,

Thanks but,
it would be really best if you could just release firmware with wind/hydro algorithm as it is or source codes.

Obviously nobody is working on this because i can paste here e-mail correspondence with MN support two years ago and then again one year ago, each time claiming that it coming in 6 months...

FNG

Actually after speaking with Robin Friday, We have hired a new engineer and he will be working on this for Mario, Mario has been working on menu structure in his spare time but I suspect we will get closer to testable firmware very soon.

I will ask about the source code

Storeko

Great news,

If possible i would like to stay in touche with that engineer.

I have made my own custom kid clipper + dedicated kid and wind turbine on the roof - so i can immediately start beta testing the firmware.

Thanks

Storeko

FNG:

Hi,
any progress regarding that request for source codes?

Some of us would really appreciates quicker solution for this, options
- Being in beta test group
- Releasing KID firmware with beta wind algorithm
- Can i help somehow or get in touch with that new engineer to make it happen faster?

If i understand it correctly you already do have working wind algorithm (in Classis charge controller) so this should be really easy porting.
I don't need anything else nor KID clipper, as I've build my own long time ago and some wind turbines do even come with build-in over speed protection.

Thanks
Andrew

FNG

I have asked Engineering for an update

bennyspoon

I'd like to jump on this bandwagon as well.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the kid clipper, I had to do something as I was upgrading the system and I wanted to finally get the hydro onto a kid with mppt.

Been waiting for that clipper since 2014, but enough is enough  :o.

So I did this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzIsosnmhI4&t=40s

Now all I need is some hydro/wind capable firmware, so very happy also to do some beta testing.
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

FNG

Those of you wanting to play with this, if you can email me your information and a brief description of the system. I am looking for a few beta testers for the wind kid

Highflyer

Are any of the bigger turbines going to be ready at the same time?  I would love to add a 1KW Midnite windmill to my system.

Thanks
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

bennyspoon

FNG I would like to message you, but I don't seem to be able to, not enough posts maybe?

Can you message me your email address please?

Cheers,
Ben.
48v system, 2 solar kids synced{1500w x2 arrays of trina honey 250w}with a 3rd kid synced for hydro f+p 700w turbine{early days!}, classic 150 for 4275w solar ,classic 250/ac clipper for wind {coming} , schneider xw+ 8548 inverter 645ah ex ups exide  jtt12v4800 ,3 strings{fingers crossed}.

FNG