Help with wind curve from test data for HY3000

Started by Olberg, March 16, 2016, 05:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olberg

I need help extracting a wind curve for my HY3000 48V, 24V battery system and Classic 200 from this data.

Please point me in the right direction.
/O

boB

If the  power curve is already programmed into the Classic,  the easiest and quickest way is
probably just to go to the wind curve editor and go through each one of the 16 data points
and write the battery current and input voltage down.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Olberg

boB: Unfortunately the HY3000(48V) with a 24V battery bank is not one of the pre programmed wind curves in the Classic.

I'm trying to figure out how to extract the data from the turbine wind tunnel test I posted above.
QuoteIf the  power curve is already programmed into the Classic
How could it be?
Perhaps I'm missing something?
Is there an other way to get the right curve?

I know you guys are working on a wind learn mode but that isn't ready yet, is it?

I found this:http://www.greenpowertalk.org/archive/index.php/t-22677.html
but the tread is about the 110V version of the HY3000.

I have a HY3000 (48V version), a Classic 200 + Clipper and a 24V battery bank.

I have found this: http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/9563.pdf
and understand the Amp/Volt(windspeed) relationship but I don't understand where the 24V battery bank comes into the equation.

As stated before I need just a point in the right direction so I can do the calculations, please.

/Oliver

TomW

Pretty sure The Classic has wind curves programmed in for popular turbines and maybe some unpopular ones, as well.

Been awhile since I had one on a turbine and that was a custom wind curve.

With the help of Ryan we dialled in a suitable wind curve

It is pretty straight forward to add a custom wind curve.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Boondocker

As far as I can gather, your turbine rotor diameter is 3.0 meters and the alternator makes 5.89 rpm/ open dcv.

Wind MPPT is all about matching the power of the alternator to the blade rotor, at a particular wind speed.  Optimum blade efficiency normally occurs at a TSR (Tip Speed Ratio to wind speed) between 5 and 7, depending on the blade design.   Using the rotor diameter and blade TSR, the potential extractable wind energy available can be calculated and graphed.   On the graph it is the magenta color curve.  Next, at varying dcv (at the corresponding rpm & wind speed and TSR) the amp can be selected to match the wind curve.   This is the blue color curve. 

These graphs are just an estimate to provide a starting point reference.   

Olberg

Cheers Boondocker! 
Thank you very much.

I would really like that excel document to see the calculation behind and do some tweaking.
Perhaps PM ... please...

Anyhow. Easter egg for you:

Boondocker

Olberg,

Attached is the requested spreadsheet for all to create wind power graphs.   Green cells are inputs.

Have fun.

Boondocker

ghulands

Hi,
Sorry for raising a dead thread, but since am looking for the same sort of thing I thought I would keep it together.

I have a HY-1500 that I'm installing and I downloaded the above spreadsheet to see if I could create the curve for it, but I'm having trouble working out where you got the values from that don't appear on the data sheet for the turbine. I have attached the data sheet for the HY-1500.

Any help is greatly appreciated.