New Mobile Power for the Ranch

Started by CDN-VT, March 27, 2016, 10:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Different here, when we have windrows of pushed timber they can be 1/2 a mile long and 10-15 feet tall of hardwood timber, dead grass, dirt
,snakes, rabbits, goannas all together. We light them up and get the hell away from it as the heat is so intense an smoke chokes you.
Would need a few platoons of 10 ft diameter fans and a small power station to try and redirect the smoke and heat!
A super waste of BTU's to be frank, but no way to the harness the energy.
If I get cashed up from timber logging I will have another 750 acres of logged forest that will be cleaned up and windrowed this year.
Burn that all off and then contour the country and plant with improved pastures, legumes etc and wait for rain.
Sounds bad, but there is little value in decaying timber and wattle regrowth.
Harbours pests and dingos!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

I Dropped Both Kids off for Impenitence  ;)
The kid with the leaking oil dirty diaper problem had FETs replaced & a few CAPs , Mr S did a great job so I could get back to the frozen  north 9 hrs drive away  ;) 
The Second Dead Kid had no problem ???? Got me ?? So the Dead # 25 Kid will now be used on the golf cart system .

Thanks for all the GREAT work Mr Ryan , Mr S & Michelle @ the front ..

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

CDN-VT

# 25 kid  had a bad circuit breaker , POS showed good on a DVM OHM scale but dead on a load test. I open it up and it was missing a spring & part , I opened a few to see.
Ya might see / get pictures

NOPE , Save all type first on this forum & then see if you can add pix. I had the whole song & dance typed.

plus KID was returned with 40 amp blade fuses ?????

#25 has 3 140W 36V panel on a 24Vdc golf cart now , came from mountain cabin

Done in sections of post to save .

Ryan , LOOK here : https://invisionpower.com/
You control the system , Haven't ever had a spammer on our forum ( If we did they would leave because were over the edge)
AND We do push the limits of attachments & TECH info , plus we have our own cloud library . 
It's NOT involved with the Business / MONEY / parent .. that way no claim backs .

JFI
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

tecnodave

Quote from: CDN-VT on April 07, 2016, 08:21:16 PM
I have tried to post tech help TICKET for these dead KIDS and after I have put in all my info 3 times !!!!! on the first serial # 25 I get this screen !!

Im do have the internet , but were not flashlight speed .
I have typed this 3 times in 1.5 hrs wasted , Called & left a message at Midnight 360-403 xxxx on tuesday .

CDN-VT,

you are not the only one to have this problem with the ticket system, I had the same issue trying to open a ticket with my Apple iPad. MidNite ticket system will not save ticket no matter what I do, I called the main line at MidNite and got Robin on first try. He redirected the call to Walt who resolved the problem right away, pretty impressive that I get the president to resolve missing hardware packet on new item drop shipped from MidNite.  I was so surprised to get the founder and president that I asked "The Robin?"   Seriously MidNite has the best support I've gotten from any manufacturer, I have two early beta kids and have had an issue with one of them twice but the support crew at MidNite are awesome , every issue was dealt with and Ryan jumped over hoops to get it done and very timely!
All in all the reliability of my "Gudgel Built" controllers is by far the best of any that I have ever used.
( Two Classic150's, two beta Kid's , two Trace C-40's)

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

CDN-VT

Thanks TD
I was looked after well from Ryan , Ms M from the front desk (She knows me ) and Mr S (Repair Dude) and I have seen Robin say the same thing.
Mr Walter is also a good gent I have dealt with. Many there when I visit have explained the work they do & make me feel as part of the team were all working for.

VT

CDN-VT

VT
Rather do VT work

Edit add .
Elly  needed a service & grease , after replace the electrons & flushing the electrolyte.
Here is the tri-shunt for me to see whats being used. 

CDN-VT

Crap I forgot this site has windows 3.1 .
One picture was 4 mb over size & it kills the entire post .
Post the text !!1 THEN add pix 2 so YOU don't loose the work 3 .

ralph day

Hi Nige
Say, that's a good looking inverter on the golf cart.  Handy way to get power where you need it without the roar of a generator.

Isn't it hard on the back running the sawmill off the ground instead of running gear/tires?  Guess it depends on the size of the logs you're milling.

Ralkph

CDN-VT

Mr Day ! ;)

This is the perfect way to have power on the upper pasture . It keeps my batterys charged for the headset / radio / ear protection , 18Vdc skill saw, runs the larger electric chainsaw And ,after im all pooped out it gets back to the house.The mill & log splitter are manual , so lifting is done with a tractor  till I can  muscle it .

I'll see if I can upload a few more pix , but yesterdays text of all was wiped

ralph day

Nige
Is that tape wrapped bar on the electric chainsaw for measureing your wood to length?  If so, I have put one or two together.  A piece of 3/16 rod with a washer welded at one end, a neodyne magnet at the other.  You just put it on the chainsaw bar near the tip (with the magnet).  Your first mark the washer is over the end of the log, the next mark fits in the slot you marked with the chain running.  Step along, mark, step along, mark, and so on.  On smaller stuff (6 inch diameter and under) you can just find the mark and slide the bar ahead and cut right through.  When you have a log marked you just pull off the marker stick and buck your wood.  Paint it blaze orange for easy sighting in the woodyard and storage shed.

This has made consistent length firewood cutting a breeze.  I would kick myself when finding "18 inch" wood being 22", 15" and the like.  Made one for the SIL too, at 24" for his big outdoor furnace.  That time of year again, just waiting for it to cool off a bit.  No working in the woods for me at 30C.

Regards the sawmill, I was just thinking about picking off the milled boards, or do those get shoved onto pallet forks for moving about?

Ralph

CDN-VT

The cants I use old serp belts from cars . I take a pix & post .
The metal bar with the tape is a ground off of the teeth from the bandsaw blade & it's springy .
as with the 2x4,6,8,10,12" I lift them onto the transport trailer , Beams I need wife or I use serp belts & a Tractor.

PIX please of your setup

ralph day

Just found this again after more than a year.  Sorry Nige, did you want a picture of the firewood measureing setup?  If so, I'lll get a shot of it soon (Feb 2017).  The saw is not home right now.

Ralph

CDN-VT

Always Ralph , I get may ides from others or pictures .
The electric saw works well for measuring with that band sticking out.

VT