News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

WBJR Net AH Reading

Started by smanners, May 16, 2016, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

I am on a cattle property in Qld and have a big interest and investment in gridtie power generation and also a smaller standalone system.
Rising energy charges are past a joke. Ergon in Qld are now charging some people $105 a quarter just to read their meters!
Have to get 2 more 150 classics before 30 th of June when they bring in online gst for all purchases!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

smanners

Well all I can say is my standalone system works great. Even during one of the longest hottest summers on record for Tassie and with bad fires all around my place, where I had to water my paddocks via electric water pumps I still managed to reduce my power bill by 2/3rds.

russ_drinkwater

What battery type are you running?
Flooded lead acid or gel?
What brand and amp hours?
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

smanners

I have 4 x 280 ah 12v Giant Power AGM deep cycle batteries. So far they seem great. They charge up very fast on my setup. Australian made too which is nice. Sure there are cheaper ones about but comparing specs these stand out for performance and longevity with excellent cycle life. Plus I always try to support aussie made.

smanners

I should add that apparently Giant Power will be releasing lead carbon type. If your in the market for some batteries might be worth calling about them.

russ_drinkwater

I am committed to fla trojans at the moment L16's. They are working well so far with no issues.
The bit I have read about the lead carbon batteries is impressive. I wonder what the release time window is?
Up to 10 times more discharge cycles and as good if not better than lithium ion. As well as being 40% of the cost of L ion!
Size,appearance and weight are of no concern to me and the only thing I really require is performance.
I will have to do some more research.
Russ