Outback CC manual

Started by pablo, June 06, 2016, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo

Hi All,

I'm reading my Outback Flexmax CC manual and came across this statement which seems important, but I am not sure what it means:

"The PV (-) and BAT (-) terminals are connected internally. Only one negative wire may be needed to connect to the (-) wire lugs if the PV - and BAT- conductors are bonded at the negative bus bar."

Does this mean that I can run one wire from the negative bus bar to the CC and connect that wire to either the PV (-) or the BAT (-)?

thanks!
Off grid 12 volts, 2 Trojan L16RE batts, Samlex 2K inverter, Xantrex 40 Amp charger, Outback Flexmax 60 Amp MPPT charge controller, 2 Solar World 285 W panels, Honda 1000 Watt genny.

dgd

Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

BioPower

You need to connect PV -, Bat - & CC - to the - bus bar.
9.5 KW Solar Panels, 2 Midnite Classic 150, 8 KW self-built 8 KW Inverter,  5KW AC coupled grid tie Inverter, Exide 775AH @C5 48V forklift battery

pablo

DGD and BioPower, it sounds like you are saying two different things?

thank you
Off grid 12 volts, 2 Trojan L16RE batts, Samlex 2K inverter, Xantrex 40 Amp charger, Outback Flexmax 60 Amp MPPT charge controller, 2 Solar World 285 W panels, Honda 1000 Watt genny.

TomW

condensed version:

You can simply connect all source negatives and battery negative to the negative bus. then connect negative bus to controller.

They simply are telling you the negative connection for PV in and Batt out are common inside the controller.

You can also just connect the PV in and Batt out negatives to their respective negative lugs on the controller. Electrically it makes absolutely no difference on the Outback.

This is Electric circuits 101 material so don't get too confused by the somewhat vague wording.
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

zoneblue

dgd is right, you only need to connect bat- or pv- to your disco neg bus bar. They are connected.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar