Common scales

Started by off-grid-geeks, July 17, 2016, 04:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

off-grid-geeks

Each variable that is enabled for monitoring has its own scale. In most cases there is no way around that, as the units are different (volts, watts amps etc.) and it works well.

However, some variables use the same units, and are often close in values, and I'm hoping that there could be an option to tie them to the same scale.

For example, WBjr amps and Classic amps. Classic amps is the total current being harvested and output to the loads and batteries. WBjr is the total amps going in and out of the batteries.

During the day I have a constant 7 amp load running. Therefore the classic amps is running on average 7 amps higher than the WBjr. The classic is feeding both my 7 amp load and charging my batteries.

It would be so nice if the scale was the same, so when I looked at the graph, I would see a 7 amps sized gap between classic and WBjr amps. And when their is no load running, the amps would be about the same, and the gap would collapse, showing them basically on top of each other.

The way it is now, with each variable having its own scale, when looking at the graph and not reading the individual values, it looks like the current is the same for both.

I have not checked, but there might be some other pairs that could benefit from common scales. Perhaps a solution could be, for each variable that could be monitored, either allow us to use an automatic scale like it is now, or allow us to set a min/max for each variable.

Please consider...