Firmware Rev 1820 Beta

Started by Mario, July 20, 2016, 02:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Hello everyone I have some code to test, it has some of the features a lot of you have been waiting for (hopefully).
I will post it here so you can give it a try, here it's what's new:

Version 1820:
- Added Data logging 31 days
- Added PC Comms
- Bug fixes in the menus
- Bug fixes in the LEDs
- Added C and F temperature display
-- PC Comm needs to be selected and saved
   - it sends data once a minute
   - sends data in raw decimal separated by a comma
   - data needs to be massaged to be read correctly and divided by 10
List of what it sends in order:
   * Displayed battery voltage
   * Displayed PV Voltage
   * Displayed output watts
   * KWH
   * Amp Hours
   * Battery Temperature
   * WBJR Current
   * Battery SOC
   * WBJR Amp Hr Remaining

Open a serial terminal and use the Baud Rate displayed in the screen when PC selected. PC comm only works with systems with a single unit.

More things can be added to the list if requested nicely. :)

Mario Rodriguez

dgd

Quote from: Mario on July 20, 2016, 02:35:30 PM

Version 1820:

- Added PC Comms
-- PC Comm needs to be selected and saved
   - it sends data once a minute

Once a minute?
Can this be changed so that when pc Comms is selected data is output every iteration of you main processing loop?  So that we get new data every one or two seconds?
This would be very useful for a live data display such as gauges or local app type display

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dgd

Mario,
Please don't disappear again.
Any chance of getting that one minute changed to seconds?

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

Mario

Hey dgd,
The firmware cannot be changed to once a second, since it takes processor time to send the data out to the PC, actually if you check the code I believe it sends it every 30 seconds.

There is a lot of stuff going on in the kid processor.

Mario

dgd

Hi Mario,
I will get 1820 loaded and see how pc comm mode performs.
Did you get any further with the registers available via serial port?
Or make any changes to the handshaking protocol?

Dgd

caribou

Thank you Mario for the update!

:-)

Jean-Francois Ng

caribou

Yesterday, I try the new firmware.

I change the communication mode to PC and was able to receive data.
There are data every second, that is very good!
But, when Kid is in PC mode, the solar charger was not working....

I put the charger communication mode in Sync and Kid start to charge.

I wrote a script that was working with the data that kid send in a sync mode and I was reading battery stage to draw a graphic with battery voltage and battery stage.

Could you add to the list of data battery stage?

This is a graphic created from RRDtools

Thanks

JF

ClassicCrazy

Uploaded 1820 beta

I go to temperature screen and read
CPU 42 C  FET 39 C Bat 34 C
When I press Setup button it toggles to F
But then it reads
CPU 08 F  CPU 02 F Bat 65 F

May want to check that part of the code Mario.

Ambient temperature is 95 F here today .

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Highflyer

Mario,

Uploaded 1820.  I'll check the data this weekend.

Thanks for the work, I know you are being pulled in a lot of directions right now, so thanks for taking some time for the Kid.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

lysningen

where's Anti Click SenSit. there is something to sleep in input that will not do

TomW

Quote from: lysningen on July 25, 2016, 04:11:04 PM
where's Anti Click SenSit. there is something to sleep in input that will not do

Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say? And  Anti Click Sensit is unfamiliar to me?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

ClassicCrazy

He probably means the mode where if at sunset or cloudy conditions the Kid is hunting and the relay is clicking back and forth between resting and charging . There was another mode I think to help with that .

I don't remember what was on the old firmware of the Kid because I only ever used Solar . This firmware  has Solar , Solar 2 , and USet

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

lysningen

input / solar / setup / sleep / min. but it will not work

CDN-VT

PLEASE STAY METRIC , USA is the only / last , will loose big time  if not catching up .

ISS is metric , Space is also , it's just a temp , so start there !!!!

Dollars are METRIC , 10c X 10 = 1 dollar / buck
Now if you want a head spin (smart folks only try this ) try the shilling/bob /english old money till they went metrick ;) , it took a bit , but then all dividable by 10's .. I know many price wars were had , till it all settled out. Im Brit from a island over there .

DO not fall back MARIO !!

I really can-not believe I just type that in 2016 & were still on F because of a few .
30C here today & the pool was 80*F , learn both !!

My 5 cents ..

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ClassicCrazy

That is exactly why I need both C and F  - so I can toggle back and forth to learn the metric system.  Not a big deal really.
But you got me looking up one of my favorite authors - sailor Tristan Jones and I remembered in one of his books he did a long explanation on why  a system divisible  by  2, 3, 4, 6 , 12 was more in tune with nature as well as math.  Think number of seasons, months, seconds , minutes, hours in a day , degrees in a circle, etc - he had more . Personally I use both and don't have a fancy for or against one or the other. 
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable