MNBCM Installed

Started by kitestrings, July 27, 2016, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitestrings

We routed a wire on the living space side of our mudroom.  It's nice to be able to see this at a glance, and now we can more regularly glance...thank you.  ~ks

CDN-VT

Looks good , So how long did you wait to get a posting pix of greens all on ??

Pushing your chain , mine  will have yellows in the winter after the rains of a few months , and then I decide to fire up the genset to charge all the packs & make sure i load to 50-70% on charging or something i need done .

It's a great quick glance , but don't use it as the main condition .
I run 4 so far !

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

kitestrings

QuoteLooks good , So how long did you wait to get a posting pix of greens all on ?

Unlike when you put up a windmill, where it blows enough to make the installation a challenge, but then is dead clam while you're waiting to see that it all works properly, the sun actually cooperated!  We just upgraded our battery bank, and adding the monitor seemed like a good idea:

http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149040.0.html?PHPSESSID=31e9defd57c49c5c56e698a97a5fb051

This time of year we pretty much don't need the wind turbine.  We have 3.2 kW of PV and that suits us fine - with some to spare to diversion water heating - so we haven't been out of the green yet.  In the winter it swings 180 degrees; 0.5-1.5 kWh/day out of the PV is not uncommon, but the wind does very well for us.

I bought a digital refractometer a few years ago which works very well for monitoring SG, but the gage as you say is great for a quick daily check in.

BTW, Is there a VT = Vermont tie?  We're in NE VT, known locally as the NEK (North East Kingdom).

~ks

CDN-VT

VT is Vertical Technician Sir.
As in P & E  of fling wings . 

I find the MNBCM is good for quick eye checks & Ive never had my 24Vdc say all green , even that the classic is in float by 10:00hrs . the 24Vdc system math is ~~~~~~~~.when it was 12 , ok , 24 never seen all greens , Black TAPE it faster than any more fooling around .. pull cover & add rick to the inside . RICK has the answer .. less sweat
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

kitestrings

VT, as in aviation technician, or wind turbines, or...

QuoteP & E of fling wings

P & E?, fling wings?...helicopter?

QuoteBlack TAPE it faster than any more fooling around .. pull cover & add rick to the inside . RICK has the answer .. less sweat

Sorry, I don't follow. ?

TomW

Quote from: CDN-VT on July 27, 2016, 10:01:27 PM
Looks good , So how long did you wait to get a posting pix of greens all on ??

I am not Kitewings but my pair of MNBCM's took a few days to get all greens on a 24 V bank that was probably in float by mid day every day at the time.

It has been awhile since they were installed and I forget exactly how long. Seems it needs to monitor over time to decide it is all green time?

Just from here.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

CDN-VT

Quote from: kitestrings on July 29, 2016, 10:48:59 AM
VT, as in aviation technician, or wind turbines, or...

QuoteP & E of fling wings

P & E?, fling wings?...helicopter?

QuoteBlack TAPE it faster than any more fooling around .. pull cover & add rick to the inside . RICK has the answer .. less sweat

Sorry, I don't follow. ?

helicopter aviation technician engineer / pilot

Black electrical tape on the inside of the red & yellow on the 24Vdc system , the 12 & 48 volt systems all show duel greens , but the 24Vdc in float at 27.4 all month only has 100 % green , so I rick mode it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLzM5K-WkM

VT