Charge Status Behavior

Started by Vic, August 16, 2016, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Have only been running the LA for about two weeks.   Very nice package.  Thanks to Andrew and the MidNite Crew,  and all of the users who have helped Debug it and add functionality.

After watching the Charge Status indication on the LA,  guess that this is inferred from voltage settings,  battery temperature,  and temp compensation values,  and not from the CC sending its actual Charge State.

Perhaps I have configured something incorrectly.  Did review topics and comments for the past three-ish years,  but did not see anything about this;

When doing an EQ,  with EQ  Temp Compensated=Yes,  it appears that the LA  will display EQ MPPT,  even when the Classics say 'Equalize'.   Noticed this,  after there had been some battery heating from the EQ,  so the battery voltage was below the set EQ voltage,  so  without taking into account that the EQ V is set to  temp comped,  it might appear that the Classics were in EQ MPPT.   The LA does show the Remaining EQ Time,  counting down.

Is this because the LA does not apply a Temp Comp value to the battery voltage measurement when EQ Temperature Comp  IS Yes?

Perhaps  have set something incorrectly.  But,  for me,  EQ V needs to be temp comped.

This may have been addressed.   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

Vic, thank you for this information !  Sounds like a LA bug kind of to me.  Maybe.

The Temp Comp = YES  only changes the target voltage for whatever stage it is in
at that time so it shouldn't matter...  BUT, EQ works a bit differently than Float
and Absorb so that may be to blame here.

We are also working on EQ bugs so this will be looked at as well.  I'll have to
get Andrew involved here since the LA is his baby after all :)

Thank you again for this very interesting info !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vic

Hi boB,

Thanks,  but this is not a big deal,  especially if the user knows that this might be the case.

Have not tried to test this on different Classics.  Again it is not a big deal.

Should add,   that all of the Classics in use here are still at FW 1849.   Will soon update to latest Production FW.

The LA is very,  very comprehensive.   A very useful tool,  and one more reason to buy MidNite CCs and all the other products that you folks offer.

Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!