Firmware Build 2096 Power varies Periodically

Started by mooseandpebs, September 10, 2016, 06:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooseandpebs

I was upgrading to build 2096 and I tried all the suggestions in this forum:
http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=1687.0

I was able to update the classic 250 to the point where it said it was all done and I closed the window. When I upgraded the MNGP it finished downloading and the  window never said all done and just went away.
I followed the instructions from the link above and arrived at the same state  "bricked"
It seems like it is partially working. Then MNGP has zero's for all the values but the local app still works. The MNGP doesn't store any of the data even though I followed the instructions to set the comm to 255, (that didn't work either). The input voltage and power vary periodically. (about every 20s). The power varies from max for the conditions to 0. The input voltage varies from 96v with no power and 75v at max power. At max power it gets a defon 4 FET drive error and the power falls to zero. 

Any suggestions?

Should I down grade the build? Where do I get the old build?

ClassicCrazy

Curious if you did a VMM ( hard reset ) to it after you updated the firmware ?
I believe the instructions say to do that but not sure if it would fix your problem.

Did you try re - installing the firmware ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mooseandpebs

I did the factory reset ,(hold right and left arrows etc...) and it brought up the wizard solar->voltage->date... hit enter and got
the dreaded "sending data/ 4236 502" hang. I then found the link
http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=1687.0
as listed above and tried everything it said to do. I succumbed to same fate... bricked

ClassicCrazy

I think I had something like that happen to me once  but the fix was not the button press but doing the reset with the jumpers inside the Classic. It is described in firmware update page.
Been awhile but you may try that.

The way to do the hardware version of the factory restore (VMM)is as follows. There are 4 sets of jumpers directly above the blue terminal block. For the purpose of this we will call the left most jumper JP1 and the right most JP4 (actually labeled "Boot")

Step 1- Turn the PV and Battery power off to the Classic and remove the front cover
    Step 2- Locate the 2 jumpers JP1 and BOOT (JP4). Take the actual jumpers and keep them in your hand
    Step 3- Turn the Battery power on to the classic
    Step 4- within 1 minute place jumper JP4 on its two pins and then place jumper JP1 on its two pins. at this point the 3 leds on the top of the circuit board should flash back and forth for about 60 seconds.
    Step 5- After the flashing stops power down the classic and remove JP1 and JP4 and stow them back on a single pin like they where.
    Step 6- Put the front cover on and power up the Classic Lite. If you have the MNLP set to Custom you will need to go to the local app and reset the battery voltage and setpoints etc.

though I am not sure if my problem was exactly what you have - it was something where the MNGP would not load .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dgd

Quote from: mooseandpebs on September 10, 2016, 06:41:22 PM
I was able to update the classic 250 to the point where it said it was all done and I closed the window. When I upgraded the MNGP it finished downloading and the  window never said all done and just went away.

The error was that you closed the window, you should have just waited until the window closed itself, just as it did with the MNGP firmware.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

mike90045

if it does something when you push buttons, it's not bricked.   

There is hope

Do the hardware VMM reset (jumpers) and reload firmware again, and wait for it to finish itself
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

mooseandpebs

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: dgd on September 11, 2016, 06:42:44 AM
The error was that you closed the window, you should have just waited until the window closed itself, just as it did with the MNGP firmware.

Maybe the message should say: "Done, but don't be tempted to close this window yourself 'cause it's not really done yet".

dRdoS7