Changing Classic Lite to Regular Classic Display

Started by WindFarmer, November 03, 2017, 07:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindFarmer

I have a customer that I installed a Classic Lite into his system years ago and now I would like to have a display like the regular Classic.
What MidNite parts do I need to change this unit over? I am a bit confused.....the MNGP?
Thank you for the help in advance.
Marc

CDN-VT

Yes A MNGP & a short cable  that should be on the lite switch panel .
The one thing is making sure you have the correct Firmware that matches the classic & works with the new MNGP .
That is what your going to need the MNGP to see the info when your updating .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

WindFarmer

Thanks VT
I  removed the old "Lite" panel and replaced it with MNGP today...perfect. This will be used for the solar side of our solar/wind combo with the Classic 250 that was supplied by Bergey with their XL1 package. The windturbine did not govern quick enough and it burned up the stator with only 5 days of run time. The Classic 250 saw over 300 VDC and appears to be OK.
Again thanks for the help.
Marc

CDN-VT

Marc , On last menu of the MNGP , record the firmware numbers & check where the Classic (lite) is & the MNGP firmware is .
The numbers are here :
http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareIndex.php

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ralph day

Marc,
I purchased and installed a Clipper after a short time.  I don't know why Bergey sells the turbines without a Clipper (probably the cost).  No worries now, the Clipper upper limit (hardware, pot adjusted) is set for 250v, the Classic limit I have set for 120v max input.  This cuts down on the "farts of the gods" or blade tip flutter that occurs in high windstorms.

My new solar classic is the master in "follow me" with the wind classic being the slave.  That saves a lot of upstairs downstairs tripping charge states on the 2 controllers...they play together nicely.  Even though the new classic is 3 years newer than the wind classic. 

Ralph