Epanel for Conext SW

Started by jmarc, November 27, 2016, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmarc

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase and epanel for a Context inverter.  The diagram on the following link http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/MNSW2524-4024or4048-CL150-REVE.pdf shows 2 connections on the line side on the battery breaker in the epanel.  Does anyone know if there are two individual lugs or will i need to put both wires on one lug?

Westbranch

I don't have that exact CB but the one in my Epanel, 175 has a honking big bolt for all connections... if it is the size, don't worry, it is BIG...!

http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=202&productCatName=Breakers&productCat_ID=16&sortOrder=15&act=pc
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

jmarc

Thanks for the quick reply.  My main concern is that the AHJ may have not want to see a lug with 2 wires. I could route the positive battery terminal wire to the buss first then to the breaker, but I'm not sure if the buss can accept a 2/0 wire.

TomW

Not sure what an AHJ is but my Epanels for Outback inverters had one nicely sized bolt on the battery breaker that easily handled 2 lugs. I see no reason it would be unsafe or violate code if that is your concern.

I poked Ryan on this. He will be able to give the manufacturer's official opinion.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Yeah you do not want to stop on the little battery bus first it is not going to handle the amperage, I have never seen an AHJ (authority having jurisdiction) have any issue with multiple lugs on a stud. They usually only get cranked up when you put two wires into a device (Like a circuit breaker) that is listed for single wire only
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jmarc

Thanks for the replies! I didn't realize that the battery breaker has a bolt/stud terminations. I was thinking it was a screw type.

Halfcrazy

No most all of the manufacturers have gotten away from the set screw type breakers for the 175 or 250 amp models as the set screws where not rated for fine strand wire. So we all migrated to the 3/8 stud style.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jmarc

Just curious, instead of landing the positive wire from the charge controller on the battery breaker on the epanel, should I run the wire to the battery bank?