Fascinating watch especially for the H2 guys. About 42 minutes.

Started by CDN-VT, December 02, 2016, 09:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

I seem to recall that hydrogen also migrates right through most materials at a molecular scale so it is hard to contain long term.

I agree that low cost solar would seem to make cracking water for hydrogen more feasible on costs.

Some day I don't doubt it will be in common use somehow. Fuel cells, motor fuel or whatever. Just thinking if you crack sea water you get oxygen, hydrogen and salt. We all need oxygen constantly and salt occasionally! Win win.  ;D

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

CDN-VT

Quote from: TomW on December 18, 2016, 08:25:06 AM
if you crack sea water you get oxygen, hydrogen and salt. We all need oxygen constantly and salt occasionally! Win win.  ;D

Tom
O2 & H1 & Cl

chlorine chemical symbol is CL
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

russ_drinkwater

The human body is also a mystery chemistry machine!
Cracks beer into bad attitude and a high percentage of urine!
Both products are not much use for anything.
Unless used for fertilizer! :o ;D
Hydrogen on a molecular scale can not be stored in flexible bladders at low pressure?
Lack of storage still does not negate the power bonuses provided by hydrogen on diesel engines.
From my limited understanding the diesel oil burns better and you get more power.
Anode - cathode grids use a fair amount of power for the splitting and I imagine there is a need a for a larger alternator to
keep up the power supply. Then of course there is the fuel expended to drive the extra load of the alternator under a greater load.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

high percentage of urine was used in the early days (BC) to make leather / hide  white , Now its called DEF ;)

Since Russ you have a 59 engine , Have you seen the 2016 T5 four ??

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

russ_drinkwater

No, I will bite! Show me! (Is it the petrol model?) I have a passion for diesels! ;)
The english were but law compelled to collect their urine and pour it on the same piece of ground every day!
At certain times employees of the crown dug up that ground and it was taken for refining to make a component of black powder!
Errr, I think I would got with the brain tanned hide instead of the urine cured one that still comes out of India! :o ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

For Russ , a few U-tubes  of the 2016 4 cyls & the 2017 & E-drive 3 cyl.

The other links are the Volcano systems .
All I can post on a open pubic forum .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqi5yO41I0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsB1shDOD7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9CJLaX3RDI

https://www.mentor.com/products/vnd/in-vehicle_software/volcano_target_package/

https://www.mentor.com/products/vnd/

VT

Edit add , I forgot the T-5 450 BHP unit :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt3MZ2hw8d0

ralph day

Fascinating stuff Nigel.  Will the vehicles be priced for the middle classes to afford?  Speaking of af ford, the first video had a Ford advertisement tacked on the front :o

Ralph

CDN-VT

I run ad-blockers on my systems ,so I don't see those .
Ford International bought Volvo car division in 1998 for the information of advanced tech , GM bought Scandi-Saab  car division .
Saab is now dead from Government motors handling ,Volvo was sold to Geely of China in 2010 .
Volvos are not made in China , but some parts are.
Ford once had Volvo, Jag,mazda &  there line. in 2002-5 one part i remember fit all those makes on a certain platform .

Price for the part was Ford, Mazda ,Volvo  & Jaguar was the highest  140-600..
At that time I had a Jag with the Fo-Mo-Co  engine , now back to a real 100% volvo from Sweden .

russ_drinkwater

The wife's xc90 diesel is one of the last swedish built cars (suv) and it is a 2008 model.
New retail on it was $86,000 plus the extras!
I picked it up from a german tourist leaving australia for $18,000 and it only had 118,000kms on the clock!
It is a sweet ride and is one of the best handling vehicles I have ever driven through corners etc!
Man it is like it is on rails.
The auto is bit doughy as I am used to the modified high performance auto boxes a mate built for me in the 80's - 90's.
But I have remember it is a family wagon and not a boy racer special!
I will have a look at those youtube links.
Off topic as well, but I have the hots for a methane digestor for our gas stove to further reduce commercial reliance!

russ_drinkwater

That looks like the one. Very quiet and economical to run considering the size and weight of the vehicle.
I have to find somewhere local to get the timing belt done or get a workshop manual and do it myself.
They do not run so well with a broken timing belt.

russ_drinkwater

russ_drinkwater