Two classics, WB Jr only updating status on one of the CC's and local app?

Started by Mainewoods, December 04, 2016, 09:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mainewoods

Hello,

I just started my system up yesterday and I am spending the day working though a few items and fine tuning.  This is minor but I noticed that the WhizBang Jr. status is only updating on my master classic - the the WBjr is connected to the slave... Also, it is showing the same for the local app.  Is this normal or did I make a mistake in setup?

Thanks,
T
2 Classic 150's
1 Whizbang Jr
2 Magnum 4848PAE - Stacked
1 4.9kW summer angle fixed array
1 4.9kW winter angle fixed array - so the snow will slide off...
16 Surrette (Rolls) S-550's

Home built Kubota diesel 100amp@56vdc DC Gen
Detroit 2-71 12.5KW 3PH 120/208v Diesel Gen (runs on WVO)

WizBandit

WhizbangJR information only shows on the Classic it is connected to.  Data is not sent to other Classics on the Follow-Me network.

Mainewoods

2 Classic 150's
1 Whizbang Jr
2 Magnum 4848PAE - Stacked
1 4.9kW summer angle fixed array
1 4.9kW winter angle fixed array - so the snow will slide off...
16 Surrette (Rolls) S-550's

Home built Kubota diesel 100amp@56vdc DC Gen
Detroit 2-71 12.5KW 3PH 120/208v Diesel Gen (runs on WVO)

alyaz

Old thread so excuse me but just trying to learn... When running Classics in ‘follow me’ mode, wouldn’t you want to hook the Whizbang to the Master?  The way I understand what the OP has done would suggest that it doesn’t matter.
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

boB

Quote from: alyaz on October 12, 2018, 08:00:01 PM
Old thread so excuse me but just trying to learn... When running Classics in ‘follow me’ mode, wouldn’t you want to hook the Whizbang to the Master?  The way I understand what the OP has done would suggest that it doesn’t matter.

There isn't really a "master" for Follow-Me unless you want to call the one with the battery temp sensor or the one with
the WB. Jr. the master.

Unfortunately the WB Jr. information isn't sent over the Follow-Me cable at this time.  That would be ideal though.

What can happen though is that the "master" with the WB Jr. connected can go to Float from Absorb faster than
the slave Classic if the Whizbang Junior happens to cause that master to go to Float from satisfying the
Ending-Amps requirement (battery current while at Absorb voltage being below the set-pont current)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me