News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Cartoons

Started by niel, December 05, 2016, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niel

what ever happened to the old cartoons? is it now politically incorrect for kids to watch them? there were so many of them made and many are more entertaining than present day tv. i admit to not recognizing the ones on cartoon stations.

TomW

I guess todays kids can't see Daffy get his head blown off by Elmer even though it rematerializes instantly.

Yeah the pap they serve today as cartoons is pathetic.

Modern stuff shows an unrealistic view of the world.

Times they are changing. Still got a few DVDs of the good old Warner Bros and Hanna Barberra toons in my DVD stash.

Welcome to the brainwashed era of the everyone wins, no keeping score childhood.

Not exactly sure how my generation survived. Competitive sports, no helmets or pads riding bikes, drank from the hose,  rode standing up in the front seat and multiple guns in every home. Makes you wonder what kind of generation this stuff today will spawn?

I rant.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Westbranch

we're seeing it in the incapacitation of a bruised ego of the 30 somethings, when they are told the truth ... watch that new comedy the Great Indoors...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

grgdgreek

Quote from: TomW on December 05, 2016, 11:38:49 PM
I guess todays kids can't see Daffy get his head blown off by Elmer even though it rematerializes instantly.

Yeah the pap they serve today as cartoons is pathetic.

Modern stuff shows an unrealistic view of the world.

Times they are changing. Still got a few DVDs of the good old Warner Bros and Hanna Barberra toons in my DVD stash.

Welcome to the brainwashed era of the everyone wins, no keeping score childhood.

Not exactly sure how my generation survived. Competitive sports, no helmets or pads riding bikes, drank from the hose,  rode standing up in the front seat and multiple guns in every home. Makes you wonder what kind of generation this stuff today will spawn?

I rant.

Tom

+1
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

onanparts

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

onanparts

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

Westbranch

Now Where did dat waskawee Wabbit go?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

mike90045

http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

niel

i should've realized u tube would have some, but u tube doesn't broadcast ota to kids today and they won't see them unless they specifically search for it. there were so many classics to be enjoyed that kids don't get to see. and it's true that much of these are better than most ota programs. saturday used to be a great day for ota cartoons in the morning and for awhile it went into the afternoon. i was also privy to after school cartoons ota. i didn't have cable and that wasn't available anyway when i was a kid in my hometown. i may have to watch a few and even search for a few others i haven't seen in about 40 years.

i almost feel sorry for gen x, the millennials, and the generation they are raising. these days they are so pampered and pc that they are walking constipated sphincters. notice too that not many are into renewables even though they say they're for it. here's a good question. have you hugged your pv today? if you have then you aren't into it as it should be in the air collecting rays. i know there are ground mounts too, but they are too busy cleaning the grass and weed clippings off of them to hug them. added- i forgot to add the removal of snow too. the point is we use it and they don't. notice most here are older?

russ_drinkwater

They are still available over here in the land down under.
My favourites as a kid was road runner!
That coyote took a licking that kill a meer mortal and keep coming back to prop up the shares of the "acme" company!
I still get a kick out of the puff of dust after a 2 kilometer drop when he hits the deck! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D
The absolute brain numbing twaddle coming out of japan is embarrassing!
Pokemon and a lot of other rubbish!
I draw the line at transformers.
Must admit I liked astro boy and a heap of the dc comics charcs as well.
Off topic but we are still watching occassional reruns of hogans heros!
Still good a laugh and no fbombs at all! :o ;D 8)
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

i'm glad to hear they are still ota someplace. i don't think i've seen these classics on my cable. yes, i have cable now because the wife likes it and she got me hooked on some cable channels. technically it's fiber optic cable. some things like hogans heros are still being rerun here, but on lesser definition ota stations. fine by me as i'll watch them.

there were some others that i'll have to look up like top cat and there was a rare one i used to see at drive-in theaters called vavoom. btw, the pink panther got its start in theaters too. hmmm, drive-in theaters are another thing many will not know the pleasure of. not too sure if you had them down under or not. sometimes progress is bad i guess like millennials buying everything online to cause brick and mortar stores to close.

CDN-VT

Yosemite Sam has just been asked to clean house, and restore our western ways !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eo0OY8GOuc
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

niel

thumbs up to your post cdn-vt.

i was up late watching a few i found on u tube. brings back memories or is it senility? who cares as i'm enjoying them.

CDN-VT

I'm so lucky my wife torrent input all the old classics .From say all B&W 1950's to date . thousands of show's , no cartoons , But I'll ask if she can.

Rather see real funny than all the crap today.
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

niel

the big question is why aren't they still running these cartoons over the air? they can still make and air the newer garbage, but that shouldn't stop the older stuff from being seen. i still get to see old movies and programs, so why not the older cartoons?