News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Cartoons

Started by niel, December 05, 2016, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph day

Neil, Nigel lives in Canada...believe his price quote, consumptive taxes (sin taxes) are quite high here.  How do you think we pay for universal health care for the obese, alcoholic smokers? ;D.

Our gasoline is presently $1.00 per litre.  There are 3.8 litres per US gallon...$3.80 per US gallon.  How much is your local station charging?

Ralph

TomW

Upper middle coast, US here.

Prices recently:

Butts are seven bucks and change here. This time of year I get 3+ days on a pack.

Started smoking after I  got inducted into the Army because in boot camp the Drill Instructor would call breaks by saying "Smoke em if you got em" and if you didn't smoke you had to keep doing whatever you were doing.

Gasoline was $2.05 / gallon 3 days ago when I topped off the Fiesta.

Retail electric is $.115 a KWH That is 11.5 cents. Any excess I feed in I get paid a whopping 3.8 cents.   

Luckily, no debt other than month to month credit cards and a meager retirement deposit in the bank monthly.

Never expected to actually live this long or I would have been more careful about things.  :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

niel

you're right ralph as i forgot he's in canada.

gasoline here is $2.45/gal. i think pa has the highest gasoline taxes of any state and i believe i heard it to be at $.79/gal.

Westbranch

Here is an example of why our gasoline is so costly...
http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/fuelsavings/gas-taxes-canada.aspx

Note the small takeout table, Vancouver BC has an add on for public transit, it started at 10cents and is now up to 17 cents with no upper limit...  :o
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

niel

so everybody who buys gas in vancouver is paying for public transportation or only part of it? it's still not right as public transit only has certain routes and one does not get to go to lesser traveled areas. public transit gets subsidies here too, but it's either on a state or federal level and it's not fair either and way too costly. most is geared for travel to and from the city of pittsburgh so if you need a ride into the next town that isn't covered by the routes you must drive. often times it's necessary to take 2 or 3 buses that go to the city and back out to where you wish to go. unfortunately, even our highways are set up this way too as you must go to the city. many cities have circular highway bypasses so one does not have to go there if you don't need to. this compounds highway traffic during rush hour, which here is actually rush hours and can last 4-5 hours of congestion in the morning and in the evening. add in any sporting events, concerts, or travel to and from the airports and it's a travel nightmare here that public transit couldn't even come close to fixing. very poor planning here.

Westbranch

niel, it is essentially a subsidy and only pays for a part of the costs of the system...http://buzzer.translink.ca/2013/03/translink-101-where-does-translink-get-its-funding-and-how-do-we-spend-it/

Vancouver is the end of an isthmus with water on  3 sides ...
https://www.google.ca/search?q=map+of+Vancouver&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=RMxUWMaxDMLkjwOhlJ2gDA

When in Vancouver,  I never buy gas inside the 'zone' which includes a lot of the surrounding suburbs that cause the traffic problems... you have to go about 40 miles out to be outside the bdy...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

russ_drinkwater

Brace yourselves!
Got a hold of something solid?
Cigs in australia, 50 pack is $50!
Petrol and diesel is back up tp $5.00 plus a gallon! (4.55 liters = imp gallon)
Power is 28-44 cents per kwh!
A bottle of stock base rum such as bundaberg rum is $40 a 700ml!
And I have to admit I really loved the hanna barbara cartoons of a sunday night as that was the only time of the week you saw the flintstones
and that was in black and white! :o :(
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

westbranch,
vancouver being an island is limited i guess, but you got my drift. i've heard some things about the area from coot like how the houses are being bought up by non-canadians and they're driving up the housing costs artificially now or something like that. i even heard about the province wide 1st time home buying subsidy for 1/2 of the down payment up to $37k by misty christie clark. yup, i get updated on goofballs in your government and i update coot too on ours.

russ_drinkwater,
i hope you make $250k/yr to pay for that stuff.

russ_drinkwater

Niel, I have never smoked!
I have a still and heaps of grid tie supply! (the power company owes us $3,000 at the moment for feed in!)
We make bio diesel when prices get totally out of control!
Car rego is a killer here at over $880 for the wifes XC90 5 cylinder volvo for a year!
It is a bit like the old thomas the cat and the bulldog cartoon where the husband is reading out the household expenses!
Dog food, cat food. dog food, cat food, dog food, cat food! Lol!
Do what you can to trim the costs.
Beef on the hoof and vege gardens and fruit trees.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Fuel here is 120/L & volume corrected so if I fill a 5 imp gallon container , I get charged for  26-27 L just because they rip off more to make sure you pay more taxes !!
Till I pay for AV fuel , All that extra crap is gone. I get a full L or if I fill my 60L tank , I can only get 60L in it.
My car gas I can get 8-10% more that it should hold !!

Smokes now are 12.00 / a 20 pack

power is 22cents /KWh after all the add on's

My Volvos are 1200/ car /1400 truck for insurance PER unit per year

Case (12x 341 ml /8oz) of cheep beer 20.00  Wine 15$ - way over my pay grade for a 750ml / bottle .

We do have deductions of our pay checks /cheques  for medical & all is NOT covered .

Canada / Auzi / NZ /India  and any commonwealth  connection("The Crown")  is what the cream of the resources can be stolen .

I live in the MOST Expensive part of Canada to live , House /Land Taxes are the worst & it comes down to Taxation WITHOUT and Representation !!!

Vancouver Island BC mid island in the Retirement Capital of Canada.
VT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQOX8EVNmE

Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

onanparts

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

niel

omg i remember that commercial and that aired while kids were watching. heart attack city for pc police these days.

russ, glad you have a good handle on things. these days that's tough to do.

cdn-vt, some things are similar where i am and others are a bit higher than me. i'm not sure what area you are in or if it is the worst, but i do know i'm hoping to hit the lottery to get out of this area. that's about my only chance, but with my luck i'll croak before getting to spend it.

russ_drinkwater

Spend it quick on more solar Neil! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just checked that advert out, OMG so bad lol!
Did not watch the beer one with the flintstones that was second on the youtube play list!
CDN that insurance is way over the top in cost!
I pay $300 a year for a $20,000 ( agreed value comprehensive) policy on my 1982 acco truck!
Beef, pork and lamb prices have gone through the roof over here.
Rump steak is $30 a kg, lamb chops up to $50 a kg and pork is over $20 a kg for most cuts not allowing for specials.
We are getting about $3.60 a kg live weight for young cattle at the yards now.

niel

russ, i don't have it yet to spend. i wish i did as i'd gladly spend on pvs and a whole bunch of other stuff.

lest you guys forget my insurance costs i said i have. it's with total coverage on an '08 car valued roughly about $6k and is $150 per month. that's $1800 per year.

russ_drinkwater

Do you not have third party property only insurance?
Covers everything except your car and costs under a third of normal comprehensive!
Lottery problems? Buy more tickets, lol.
Or put the money in a solar panels swear jar!