Use Cubietruck and Software defined Radio [RTL-SDR] to read smart meter.

Started by TomW, December 06, 2016, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

12 bucks was a good deal . I would have gotten one for that price.
I have an older SDR but it doesn't have the SMA connector - has a different smaller one - but wasn't too much problem because I just removed the supplied antenna and used the coax on there to make my own adapter.

I recently got an HF SDR kit .  Got it all put together except for the last two connnections - tiny wires from that were wound around a ferrite  about the size of a hair that needed to be soldered onto two pins of a surface mount chip that were so close together . I tried everything in my resources - doubled magnifying glasses but just could not get it . Even have a very fine pointed solder iron but my magnifiers were so close I couldn't get the solder iron in there and hold the wire at the same time. So I just shipped it off to a friend who has better skills and a nice stereo magnifying scope.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable