News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

MY newest WBJ has died!

Started by russ_drinkwater, November 16, 2016, 03:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Came inside the other day to check the regs and input and one wbj is not working.
The led light is not blinking and 150 says no wbj!
Any suggestions?
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

Westbranch

Russ, I'm sure you checked for loose wire or similar?
How long was it operational?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

russ_drinkwater

It is about 5 months old.
Is mounted correctly as is the first one.
Has been working great since I installed it.
No loose wire.
Will test connecting wire this arvo.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

A J Coop

Hi russ_drinkwater
I just got over a big issue with my KID I found it was the WBJr.
I noticed a bit of what looked like Flux, the solder side of the wire and on to the (closest to) boards internal  jumper, it must of been absorbing moisture, shorting, Corrupting data causing controller issues, aware your problem is the WBJr not working! It might pay to see if there is any contaminants on the WBJr board causing your operational failure!
Good luck.

boB

Can you test to see if Aux 2 works for any other functions ?

If so, then Aux 2 is most likely OK and then I think we should be able to send you another one.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

russ_drinkwater

Hello I have been busy with cattle last week or so trying to scrape up the cash for insurance payments :o :(.
The plan is I will swap the wbr's between the two 150's and see if it makes any difference.
The two wbj live about 6 inches apart under cover near the battery box and so are subject to the same conditions and exactly the same
battery bank size and the inverter draws from the two battery banks at the same time.
Will remove the faulty wbj from its shunt mount and check for any problems beforehand.

CDN-VT

boB , Cattle take HUGE time .
There is a pecking order & do not rush , plus what evolves from movement & working.
Been Angus moving for a month & thru the shoot for shots, hooves , and LGBQP (or whatever) to remake bull 2stear !
Hard, trying painful work  .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

russ_drinkwater

Senepol, charalias, brahman cross here.
Dry and trying to get supplements out in small amounts to keep calf growth going.
The solar has been working a treat except for the WBJ not working.
The only good thing about hot dry weather here is the solar production is in a sweet spot for months!
Plus coming up storm season the backup of solar (house runs standalone 24/7 as it is) is a bonus.

russ_drinkwater

I had a good look and it appears there is a piece burnt on the circuit board of the non working wbj!
It is mounted on the same system as the original one.
Ie. two regs and two wbj each servicing a 24 volt battery bank (one to each) running into the same inverter.
Each battery bank is the same amperage.

Halfcrazy

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on November 27, 2016, 02:31:57 PM
I had a good look and it appears there is a piece burnt on the circuit board of the non working wbj!
It is mounted on the same system as the original one.
Ie. two regs and two wbj each servicing a 24 volt battery bank (one to each) running into the same inverter.
Each battery bank is the same amperage.

Any chance you could email me a picture of that (ryan@midnitesolar.com) if you include your address I can get you a replacement out also
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

russ_drinkwater

I can do that, but have limited internet until early next month as I have burned up my 15gig satilite quota.
File size is unimportant?

Halfcrazy

Probably not that important, What I am really trying to find out is what part is actually burned
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

russ_drinkwater

3 days to go for my data rollover will send then.