E-panel for SW4024 not aligning with SW4048 Inverter

Started by dapdan, December 31, 2016, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapdan

Midnite,

I seem to hit a snag when I was preparing some RE gear today for a client. It seems as though the connection bar from the load side of the main DC breaker is not lining up with the positive terminal stud on the inverter. I have a SW4024 set up at home without an epanel and check it and it two would not line up with the connection bar in the epanel. I have a pic that I will post.

Thx.
Damani

CDN-VT

flipping the + postive breaker bar over ? to align on the Pos stud ?

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

russ_drinkwater

Make an adaptor strip of metal for each one that does not align and bolt them in place! :o ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

dapdan

Russ,

I thought of that. Finding the right thickness of copper, aligning it properly, totaling it properly. It sound very messy for what is suppose to be a professional installation. Yah know...I didn't the epan4l to end up splicing metal bars together if so then why bother.

Damani

dapdan

Russ,

I thought of that. Finding the right thickness of copper, aligning it properly, torquing it properly. It sound very messy for what is suppose to be a professional installation. Yah know...I didn't the epan4l to end up splicing metal bars together if so then why bother.

Damani

Halfcrazy

Damani
I emailed you back, I think you have an old E-Panel and we had a few get out that had proto type bus bars.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dapdan

Ryan,

Yeah I did get your email. I will reply shortly. Thanks.

Damani

russ_drinkwater

Another thought is years ago there was a lot of copper wire braided straps around.
Not sure if they are still made or who makes them.
Just a thought. ;D

Like this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Flat-BRAIDED-GROUND-STRAP-GROUNDING-Copper-Core-Flat-Braid-MADE-IN-USA-/142230661208?hash=item211d9ba858:g:DnMAAOSwPCVX8Gsr

Food for thought.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters