Classis power up, PV before battery!

Started by Tobytaylor, January 07, 2017, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: Tobytaylor on January 21, 2017, 08:18:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Well after a lengthy call with the engineer at MidNite trying all kinds of things, nothing worked, so off she went for a trip back to Washington.
The tech notes are as follows:-   Found a defective Net controller ( U21) which killed the +3.3V rail, taking the whole system down since it provides voltage to the processor.
It's fixed and currently being tested for any other faults.
I have to say the guys at MidNite are really helpful and friendly.
I hope the tech notes add to data base of knowledge that you all possess.
Thanks again for the help.

Richard.

Thanks for the follow up. I guess electro-static discharge could effect the components. May we should use a wrist strap when opening up the Classic. Then again it probably was just a weak component as they coat the boards and components to stop moisture.  MN is great at providing service. They will have you back going in no time.

Mines just about to reach it's five year warranty pretty soon. Maybe time to purchase a spare and sent it back for the refurbish and extra warranty.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on January 21, 2017, 08:34:41 PM
Quote from: Tobytaylor on January 21, 2017, 08:18:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Well after a lengthy call with the engineer at MidNite trying all kinds of things, nothing worked, so off she went for a trip back to Washington.
The tech notes are as follows:-   Found a defective Net controller ( U21) which killed the +3.3V rail, taking the whole system down since it provides voltage to the processor.
It's fixed and currently being tested for any other faults.
I have to say the guys at MidNite are really helpful and friendly.
I hope the tech notes add to data base of knowledge that you all possess.
Thanks again for the help.

Richard.

Thanks for the follow up. I guess electro-static discharge could effect the components. May we should use a wrist strap when opening up the Classic. Then again it probably was just a weak component as they coat the boards and components to stop moisture.  MN is great at providing service. They will have you back going in no time.

Mines just about to reach it's five year warranty pretty soon. Maybe time to purchase a spare and sent it back for the refurbish and extra warranty.

I should check on how old my Classic is and maybe do that warranty option too John - thanks for the reminder !
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable