News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

LED Flashlight

Started by niel, January 20, 2017, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_drinkwater

Hi,
Yeah I had some of the elcheapo chinese 2  x AA adaptors, but I found the retaining clips broke off them. Still have a few.
Yes the led maglitte is focussable.
Ok, I did not tell she who must be obeyed I spent $4 K on torches! But to be fair I doubled my money on what I sold and kept 15 as spares for myself! When I got medically retired from work I decided I was going to be an ebay retailer, lol!
Neil if the postage was not such a killer between our two countries I would send you one gratus! ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

ok understand about your circumstances and i know what you mean about the wife. on the deal itself you were to be smart or lucky going into that flashlight deal and we'd like to believe it was both by the result. if it were me, i'd have been burned somehow.

no need to send me one even if post was cheap, but appreciated.

russ_drinkwater

Np, I like to share in the spoils of profit, lol.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

so, i have found a flashlight that fits all my likes, but the cost is high. it's a fenix fd30.
http://www.brightguy.com/Fenix/Fenix+FD30+Focusing+Flashlight\
anybody hear bad on this one or have thoughts on it?

grgdgreek

Looks good-
75$ and china? 
Only one year warranty?
I would keep searching
IMHO, George :-)
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: niel on January 27, 2017, 08:11:12 AM
so, i have found a flashlight that fits all my likes, but the cost is high. it's a fenix fd30.
http://www.brightguy.com/Fenix/Fenix+FD30+Focusing+Flashlight\
anybody hear bad on this one or have thoughts on it?

In case you go with the Fenix I just got this in email from Brightguy
Use coupon code "FENIX10" for 10% off all Fenix products!
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

niel

the fenix website offers a better savings and it says a limited lifetime guarantee. not sure what that is. the cheaper ones have compromises in that they lack some desirable aspects. i guess that's what you get for the cheaper compromised price tag. there might be some real quality bargains in there, but without in person inspection one doesn't really know. that's the trouble with ordering online and even something one might expect to be good might turn out not to be.

niel

in revisiting the streamlight link this may be the cheaper option on quality. this subject can have you chasing your own tail. rats no focus on it.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: niel on January 27, 2017, 04:00:38 PM
in revisiting the streamlight link this may be the cheaper option on quality. this subject can have you chasing your own tail. rats no focus on it.

Ha ha - you won't go wrong with a streamlight .
Get a cheap one, get a Streamlight and compare the two and report back !

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

littleharbor2

12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

niel

yes, they are cheap and so cheap that it semi-scares me to get them. tell me more about it like number of light settings and if known the lumens for each. does it have last setting memory? etc. etc.

i've also never bought from ebay so what's involved there?

littleharbor2

The listing has most details. It has 3 light levels plus strobe and SOS mode. Not sure of lumens on lower settings. Claimed lumens, 8000.
I've been an eBay buyer and seller for over 10 years now. Contrary to some belief, There is a large percentage of quality merchandise available from 10's of thousands of sellers. Of course there is some low quality junk from one of our far eastern neighbors. I will say this, You can find virtually anything on eBay short of human organs. They draw the line there. lol. You can pay with credit/debit cards but the simplest way is through Paypal, which is actually an online bank which is linked to your regular bank account.

Anyway, Nice flashlight
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

niel

ok, you have the light so does it remember the last mode used so one doesn't have to cycle each time you turn it on? as to lumens does it not have a manuel with specs and do know that that cree led is not capable of exceding 1100 lumens. now if i miss my guess here, this will come from hong kong and would take awhile to get here. that's a double minus and not being the least bit familiar with pay pal is minus #3. i know, it's so cheap and i'd only lose a couple bucks right? my level of trust to ebay is very low and even though i referenced amazon before i have yet to use them either due to trust issues. maybe i'm just being too paranoid to go swimming with the sharks?

russ_drinkwater

Anything with a switch offering more than on and off will fail!
All the chinese on/off led torches I have are still going  after 5 years.
The ones with strobe and dim etc died in the switch.
FYI!