MODDB for State of Charge

Started by aviatordave, February 03, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviatordave

I am using a Raspberry PI to pull data off of my Midnite Classic. I am using the excellent Newmodbus. Is there a address to get the state of charge from the WhizBang JR?

Thanks,
David

RossW

Which version of newmodbus (or from where?).
I think the last version I've released is 1.0.19

I believe 4373 is SoC and 4321 is the WBJR Current.
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

TomW

Ross;

Speaking of Newodbus, any clues on modifying it to pull data from an SMA SunnyBoy Grid Tie inverter with it? Or any other method?  Most of their online docs are about their add on module but this inverter supposedly has it built in. SMA has not responded to my inquiries via email and phone support dropped my calls 3X times. Sadly, not all manufacturers are as responsive as The Midnite Solar team.

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

aviatordave

Thanks for you help. That is indeed the correct address for SOC.

-David

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: aviatordave on February 11, 2017, 09:28:49 AM
Thanks for you help. That is indeed the correct address for SOC.

-David

David
How do you make the connnection from the Pi to the Classic ?
thanks
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

TomW

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 23, 2017, 07:30:17 PM

David
thanks
Larry
I'm not David but;

Unless they changed it, newmodbus used ethernet.

You can read the raw data from the serial (USB) port once you tell The Classic to push the data out through it, as well.

Ethernet is much more elegant, however. And you don't need a USB cable to your device reading the registers, just the existing ethernet connection most have already.

Its been awhile but my feeble memory tells me that is how it worked.  ;)

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: TomW on February 24, 2017, 09:28:06 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 23, 2017, 07:30:17 PM

David
thanks
Larry
I'm not David but;

Unless they changed it, newmodbus used ethernet.

You can read the raw data from the serial (USB) port once you tell The Classic to push the data out through it, as well.

Ethernet is much more elegant, however. And you don't need a USB cable to your device reading the registers, just the existing ethernet connection most have already.

Its been awhile but my feeble memory tells me that is how it worked.  ;)

Tom

I guess that makes sense  = modbus over IP  - that is how the Local Status app does it I suppose - and Grahams Classic Monitoring app. I know some people connect stuff up over the the serial port too - maybe just when they use Arduino's .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable