Power Battery TC-12150C Specifications

Started by JacksonSolar, February 28, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacksonSolar

First thing to state is that I am a total newbie to solar power.  Reading through this forum has been very helpful.
I’m having trouble finding exact specifications for my Power Battery TC-12150C AGM batteries with which to set up my KID.
I have two 140 amp, 12v batteries in parallel.  I have set my KID w/WBJ with the values below but only the Float, Battery Temperature Reference and mV/dC/Cell come from factory reference material. 
Does anyone have experience with these batteries and have reasonable numbers?
Right now I have my absorb setting at 90 min but would eventually like to use the WBJ to end absorb using end amps from the shunt. 
One other question is that the -3.0 mV/dC/Cell seems to be for temps above 25°C and this time of year my batteries are nearly always well below that temperature.  Should I use the +3.0 compensation?
Thanks-  Rob

Absorb: 14.4
Float: 13.62*
Equalize: 15
mV/dC/Cell: -3.0*
Battery Efficiency: 94%
Battery Temperature Reference: 25°C*
Battery Change%: ?
* = Factory numbers
Off Grid weekend system in Sedalia, CO: one Yingli 315 watt panel, KID w/WBJ, Magnum MMS1012 inverter w/ME-RC50 remote, two Power Battery TC-12150C, 12 volt, AGM, 140 Ahr, in parallel (280 total), all-in load of 519 watt-hr/day (unlikely to ever see that).

ClassicCrazy

Looks good except for the equalize voltage . Going that high on an AGM battery is not good. I wouldn't set up an equalize or set it up the same as the Absorb voltage so just in case it gets turned on it won't hurt anything.

So many of the AGM batteries are very close in their charging specs. Look up the Lifeline battery series - they have really good manuals and explain everything well.

90 minutes in absorb probably isn't enough time depending on how far you run them down.

I just looked up your battery and like you say they don't give anything but floating charging specs. But I see they have some contact info so email or call them up and ask for the specific specs .
http://www.makopower.com/site/assets/files/1243/prc-12150.pdf

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: JacksonSolar on February 28, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

One other question is that the -3.0 mV/dC/Cell seems to be for temps above 25°C and this time of year my batteries are nearly always well below that temperature.  Should I use the +3.0 compensation?
Thanks-  Rob

To answer your question, no.  The formula takes care of that. When you go below the reference 25C the number is negative and two negatives make the result positive. So it will increase the voltage when lower than 25C and it will decrease the voltage when it is above 25C
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

JacksonSolar

Thanks guys, this helps.  Good info about the temp compensation, nice to know.  I'll reduce the equalize voltage just in case, although with the KID you have to manually start the equitation process.  I'll also jack up the absorb time for now but eventually will have it controlled by the end amp. Thanks again.
-Rob
Off Grid weekend system in Sedalia, CO: one Yingli 315 watt panel, KID w/WBJ, Magnum MMS1012 inverter w/ME-RC50 remote, two Power Battery TC-12150C, 12 volt, AGM, 140 Ahr, in parallel (280 total), all-in load of 519 watt-hr/day (unlikely to ever see that).