Charger Inverter

Started by Herman, March 01, 2017, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

We ended up having to get a Victron Multi plus 48 Volt Charger Inverter which we managed to get at the right time as we have had heavy cloud cover and rain for the last two weeks even though we are getting charge in but we have to use the generator once every couple of days to top up the charge for Night use, so i can now charge both lead acid and NiFe batteries at the same time. I had been hanging for the MidNite Gear but need ended up being the driving force. Other that that everything is working well and I am pleased with the result as there is nothing we have to do now apart from start the Generator and check the water levels in the batteries when needed. So Russ you miss out on the NiFe cells.

CDN-VT

Time ALWAYS will tell Herman .

I also have moved into the New Cell era

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ralph day

Nige, are you entering the mystical world of non-flooded LA batteries? 

I watched a link or two where the San Diego crews salvage Tesla car batteries and build their own powerwalls.  Not for me yet.  I like the blunt instrument aspect of big flooded lead acid batteries.  They can take moderate abuse and not be destroyed/ruined/replaced.

Ralph

CDN-VT

Well yes & yes. I have a new set of 3 different setups , but all the same type of cells , just different makers .
I see if I have a picture of them all copper bared up & the protective covers on . They have 4 cables of 4 aught to the power & neg Inverter  of say 4 & a 5 foot away.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Herman

Nice setup bit on the jealous side here

russ_drinkwater

Oh well if you get cashed up Herman and go to the dark side (lithiums) I will still offer to baby sit those edisons mate! ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters