Specific gravity low for given voltage and SOC, where is the problem?

Started by Mainewoods, March 02, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Hi Travis,

Thank you for the update on your system ...   seems that you have gotten a lot done with it.

It also sounds like the two lagging batteries are coming around  --  they are not that far behind the others,  it seems.   So,  keep working with them.   I have a home brewed battery charger that has a floating output,   and a variable voltage output,  which allows charging/EQing single cells (for batteries with accessible terminals,  or 2 volters),  or an entire battery ( 2 - 12 V batteries),  which can be useful.   But like many things, one needs to be very careful in using this type of charger.   And some power supplies do not like to have their output connected to a battery ...

Fine on your new Temp Limits,   those sound fine,  especially for your battery bank which has a fairly stable temperature environment.

Please let us know how you are doing,   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Here is a nice DC clamp meter
I just got one for a friend and tried it out comparing it to my other clamp meters and it worked fine.
There are experts on Youtube who have tested and torn  this meter apart and analyzed it and they like it.
For $35 you won't go wrong .
It has lots of other features too .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNI-T-UT210E-True-RMS-AC-DC-Current-Clamp-Meter-w-Capacitance-Tester-Handheld-/291313432567?hash=item43d3a237f7:g:7aMAAOSw44BYNWcB

Not sure about this vendor but some of them have been saying the meters are in US but they are really shipping them in from China fast via DHL  so the one I got was a week later than original date it was supposed to be. I complained to seller and they gave me $5 credit back. First time I ever bought anything on Ebay that wasn't really in USA when they said it was.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable