News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Welfare for wind...??

Started by Westbranch, March 08, 2017, 12:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Niel
Yes you sent me an Email about a single subject, I dont want to beat this dead horse any more but comments like the one above calling Tom out seem to indicate you prefer to not let water under the bridge be forgotten.

As far as objecting to something here, This is for "OFF TOPIC" stuff NOT trying to piss some one off personally. You are entitled to your opinions and you can post ANYTHING you like in the off topic section as long as it is not slandering or demeaning to an individual. Hell you can start a topic on perpetual motion if you like...

Sorry you feel this forum has gone down hill not sure what to say there. It seems to be running about the same amount of Q&A as ever from where I am sitting
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: niel on March 12, 2017, 05:08:17 AM
i'm not the one who made it all public and i asked for a pm and got none from either of you. what a surprise. i expected you to give him a free pass and i don't need you to google it for me as i thought we had canadians here that could've answered the innocent question i posed quite readily. this is also on the section of the forum that does encompass off topic discussions so after the main part of the forum gets a thread about trolls you're objecting to this here? right whatever, as imo you're out of line too.

btw, i'll save you the trouble seeing as how this forum has gone downhill.

Neil , you have posted a lot of good stuff and helped people out on this forum.  But print is an easy way of misinterpreting what people say that you would easily see in person - like a smile or something sad satirically with humor.
So like the others have said - just let whatever it is go cause it was probably just communication error - move on and keep on  being the helpful guy you are.  Everyone is friends on here.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

russ_drinkwater

Yeah, come on boys have a beer and calm down :o :P ;) ;D
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

Quote from: Westbranch on March 08, 2017, 12:38:54 PM
got this just now. hit the link and you go to a much larger diatribe an wind and subsidies...  Interesting point by Mr Buffet...

[/i]

Westbranch / Mr E
You have seen the one that the Libs put up for 2010 ? midway up Grouse MT North Vancouver ?BC is Hydro & has one turbine that is given power to turn , install was for the Olympics , all BS & flash for the Gordon/Clark liberal party saying they  are into RE !!
Seldom seen moving &  we have a place on the north shore !!
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Westbranch

Mr Nigel.. ::)..
We were headed up to Terrace last fall and parked on the Hwy 16 roadside just west of Pr. G. there were ~12 trucks with 50+ foot long prop blades...  we found out when we got to Terrace, that the trucks were part of the second shipment of blades that came in through the Portland Canal to Stewart and that they were destined for somewhere near Fort St. John...
He wasn't sure if they were to be erected in BC or that other flat land province (AB).
So maybe we have more than 1...! ;)

Ah Ha...https://www.biv.com/article/2016/3/small-wind-projects-popping-northeast-bc/
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

CDN-VT

I'll go look for all the info I have from 2008 pictures .
The ones that I saw inside & went up were Danish , swept blades & slow turning .
QUALITY  plus had internal lifts for doing repair's .

When I was first  caught on site from one of the "Formans ?" Boss ?  he thought I was looking to steal or bad things , I showed him a few of my licences & paper work , he was danish & my Finnish wife & him had a good chat .
I spent 3 days watching & learning (union job so me being IBEW was kewl) .
Photos are on the wifes server im thinking , off to look .
Nope they were videos , not photos .
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels