News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Kid AGS

Started by WindFarmer, March 13, 2017, 11:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindFarmer

Greetings

We are working on a system that is in the design stage and want to use the Kid's AGS feature with a Pramac P6000 gen set. I have a few questions I have been unable to find answers to yet.

Looking through the Kid manual I see "GEN ON AT VOLTS" but I can not see where the set point that the Kid calls for the gen to shut off. Is it a time thing or a post absorb?

Could someone explain how this would be wired? Maybe something like a simple 2 wire configuration? Would I use a inline fuse for the control wires?

Thank you in advance for education.

Marc
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders

Halfcrazy

Marc
I would use a small NO relay, with a 12v coil and a current draw of 100ma or less. This just isolates the kid from the generator. I dont think a fuse is needed as the Aux supply is current limited
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

WindFarmer

Thanks for the info Halfcrazy.

What information does the Kid use to determine when it starts and stop the gen? I see in the manual it has a"GEN ON AT VOLTS". What about stopping the gen?

As always thank you for the support.

Marc

Rwbain

The run signal disconnects after it times out -somewhere between the min run time and max run time you program. Mine usually runs about 90-100% of the Max run time. If you dont have some kind of Controller for the generator you're limited for oprions. Im not sure what your generator is exactly but the Kid isnt capable of actuating the starter then disengaging (stop cranking) once the generator starts.

Rwbain

I can give you drawings of my particular set up if you'd like.