Two Local Status Panels at one time

Started by rdaisley, March 23, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdaisley

Is it possible to place two local Status Panels on the desktop at one time? (Two different 150's) If yes, ... I can use a hint.

Thanks, Roger

Resthome

Quote from: rdaisley on March 23, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
Is it possible to place two local Status Panels on the desktop at one time? (Two different 150's) If yes, ... I can use a hint.

Thanks, Roger

Never tried it as I only have one Classic. Normally the LA will see both of them and you just select the one you want to view. They have to have different IP addresses, Don't think you can run two copies of the LA at the same time on the same computer. There is also only one TCP/IP communication port available on the Classic. In other words you can't have the LA running and say Graham's Android App at the same time.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Westbranch

I had 2 Classics running  for a while. 
You can have 2 CL's show on the startup screen of the local App but can only view 1 at a time...  Never tried to have 2 copies of the LA running simultaneously...

I now use Graham's Android App on a Samsung Tab4 for live monitoring Classic right now... love it ..
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

dgd

Quote from: rdaisley on March 23, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

yes, I did this a couple of years ago but since I use arduino web monitoring now I have not used LA since 2014.
I remember having to change some permissions for temp files created by the LA and play about with some lock files in W8 and W10. The start procedure was also odd in that the first LA had to have the IP number removed for the 2nd Classic then the second LA have the ip number for first Classic removed.
A little bit of messing about but the result was two independantly running LAs with display for different Classics.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Resthome

dgd,  I figured you would have a way to do it.  The iP sounds easily taken care of but I forgot about the temp for logging data and his strange database files.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

dgd

John,
I knew that Andrew was pretty busy with other things but in 2014 it was one of my wish list things that he adjusted the LA to allow two or more iterations to run.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Resthome

Quote from: dgd on March 24, 2017, 01:50:30 AM
John,
I knew that Andrew was pretty busy with other things but in 2014 it was one of my wish list things that he adjusted the LA to allow two or more iterations to run.
dgd

Yeah haven't heard a word from Andrew in over a year. Suspect he may no longer be with MN.   :-[
John

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on March 24, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
John,
dgd

Yeah haven't heard a word from Andrew in over a year. Suspect he may no longer be with MN.   :-[

Yeah haven't heard a peep out of him for long time - but haven't heard a lot out of anyone at Midnite recently  since they all seem to have their noses to the grindstone on the new inverter project.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Sunshine

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 24, 2017, 09:33:05 PM
John,
dgd

Yeah haven't heard a peep out of him for long time - but haven't heard a lot out of anyone at Midnite recently  since they all seem to have their noses to the grindstone on the new inverter project.

Larry

Andrew is still around, he has been hard at work, talking classics, inverter and all that. I am no Andrew and certainly no Ryan but I'll try to be around a bit when you guys need me since I seem to have picked up this moderator gig.

Sue

Resthome

Quote from: Sunshine on April 07, 2017, 06:14:04 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 24, 2017, 09:33:05 PM
John,
dgd

Larry

Andrew is still around, he has been hard at work, talking classics, inverter and all that. I am no Andrew and certainly no Ryan but I'll try to be around a bit when you guys need me since I seem to have picked up this moderator gig.

Sue
Good to know. and Welcome aboard Sue !!
John

Sunshine

Thank you! I'm not entirely new, I'm actually about to celebrate 3 years at Midnite this month but I've been mostly lurking behind the scenes. I do very much look forward to getting to know everyone here and hope I can provide both amusement and insight.

Robin

Sue will be a big help on the forum. As it was accurately pointed out, we all have our noses to the grindstone.
For those not familiar with Sue, you can see her here at about 18 seconds into this video. http://www.midnitesolar.com/pages/b17/index.php

Sue has done purchasing and ran our surface mount machines in the past and does document control in addition to sales now.

Andrew lives in France for those of you who do not know it. He and his family moved over there some years ago. We kept him on the payrol in order to facilitate his wine and croissant habit. Andrew recently finished up adding voice to the Classic. We have just begun testing in internally and we expect in just a week or two will put it on the forum for you all to tear apart. If all goes well and voice doesn't screw too many things up, we will add it to the regular Classic production. I understand to download from here it takes a very long time, so you will need to e patient. Andrew is now working on creating a variable DC power supply. We have been plagued for many years with power supply issues. We have gone through dozens of older heavy linear power supplies from HP and others. They are old and break. Then it is virtually impossible to get them fixed. It would not pay to have our engineers become power supply technichians. We have always used smaller portable 1000 watt power supplies that we get off E-Bay. These are brand new pieces of junk. Look at them cross eyed and they break. We can usually repair them, but there is no reason they should break. I imagine that many companies like us have this same issue, so we decided to make our own and then sell them on E-Bay just like the Mastech power supplies. We would like to think that a Midnite supply would be more reliable and have a few additional features. The goal will be to keep cost as low as possible though, so it will be a bare bones supply. I am guessing 60VDC at 20 amps.
Robin Gudgel