My Last days at MidNite, And the forum is moving

Started by Halfcrazy, March 28, 2017, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

First and foremost I want to thank everyone for the support and help here over the years. It is with a very heavy heart I announce I am moving on and will no longer be with MidNite after the end of next week. It has been a wonderful, fun filled challenge for many years and the decision damn near killed me. Anyone is free to reach out to me anytime at my personal email ryan@kb1uas.com and I will do my best to help any one with anything.

Tom will still be here daily and the forum will be moving in the next few days back to a MidNite server.

All the best
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Ryan;

Best of luck wherever you land, my friend.

You will be missed.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Ryan,
Thanks for all your expertise, patience and hard work you put into making this forum and Midnite the best supported RE products. I hope you will still be here on this forum.
Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Vic

Ryan !! !

WOW!

I cannot thank you enough for your knowledgeable,   friendly,  and generous support over the many years of your service.

Am certain that your jobs at MN have really required 24/7 availability.

73,  Please take care,   and hope to hear you on the bands.

Hope that you will be able to take some time to relax and have even more fun.
Good Luck,   Thanks again,   Vic  Kilo Six Italy Charlie    .  .
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Westbranch

Sad to hear that you are leaving... I know from personal experience, leaving a job you invest yourself into can cause unimaginable STRESS... 

Your assistance over the years has been appreciated, immensely, and I hope your replacement can fill your boots.

Thank YOU very much for your time and effort...  I truly believe you will be MISSED..

Happy travels my friend!
Eric
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

ClassicCrazy

Thanks for all your help over the years Ryan . Like others have said - we always could count on  you to answer questions and straighten any issues out .
Please keep in touch.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Thanks for all your previous support Ryan. You were the go to guy at MidNite if you wanted to get a question answered or a issue solved. You will be sorely missed.

Wish you well in what ever your new adventures are.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

CDN-VT

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 28, 2017, 06:07:54 PM
First and foremost I want to thank everyone for the support and help here over the years. It is with a very heavy heart I announce I am moving on and will no longer be with MidNite after the end of next week. It has been a wonderful, fun filled challenge for many years and the decision damn near killed me. Anyone is free to reach out to me anytime at my personal email ryan@kb1uas.com and I will do my best to help any one with anything.

Tom will still be here daily and the forum will be moving in the next few days back to a MidNite server.

All the best
Ryan

Dang !!
Thanks for the help & deals Sir.
You will be sorely missed.

I Also wish you well in what ever your new adventures are.
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

binkino

Hi Ryan,
seriously?
Hey, you must wait 2 more days for "1. April" ... :D

What will Midnite and this Forum do without you ... ?

Man, thank you for everything !

We will miss you!

I wish you successful proceed in what you plan do in the future, and - always enough sun on your panels ;)

PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php

tecnodave

Hi Ryan,

You have been great! A real problem solver! Gonna miss ya!

TD
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

Robin

I met Ryan on the OutBack forum many, many years ago. I was so impressed that this guy would spend so much time helping answer questions on that forum even though he got nothing out of it except personal satisfaction by helping people. I was also impressed that his answers were always spot on. One day I decided to jump in on a subject on the OutBack forum and put out an invite to Ryan to give me a call for something he could not refuse. He did call or e-mailed me and that is when we started our relationship. That posting to Ryan was about the only time I ever signed "president" next to my name on anything other than official documents. I usually do not find it important, but I wanted to make an impression on Ryan. Guess what, it worked! Ryan is moving on, but he is a true friend and always will be. He will be greatly missed for sure. There just aren't many people like Ryan out there. I will be attempting to fill Ryan's shoes here on the forum for now, but I will need nudging from Tom to let me know when to jump on the forum as I do not get much time to look at it anymore. That said, I am now tasked with the same situation I was in back at OutBack. I would like to find the next Ryan, so any of you smart guys out there with not enough to do and like to work way too hard doing fun Solar stuff, give me a ring or send an e-mail.
Thanks,
Robin Gudgel
President
MidNite Solar
robin@midnitesolar.com
360-403-7207
Robin Gudgel

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Robin on March 30, 2017, 01:40:18 AM
I met Ryan on the OutBack forum many, many years ago. I was so impressed that this guy would spend so much time helping answer questions on that forum even though he got nothing out of it except personal satisfaction by helping people. I was also impressed that his answers were always spot on. One day I decided to jump in on a subject on the OutBack forum and put out an invite to Ryan to give me a call for something he could not refuse. He did call or e-mailed me and that is when we started our relationship. That posting to Ryan was about the only time I ever signed "president" next to my name on anything other than official documents. I usually do not find it important, but I wanted to make an impression on Ryan. Guess what, it worked! Ryan is moving on, but he is a true friend and always will be. He will be greatly missed for sure. There just aren't many people like Ryan out there. I will be attempting to fill Ryan's shoes here on the forum for now, but I will need nudging from Tom to let me know when to jump on the forum as I do not get much time to look at it anymore. That said, I am now tasked with the same situation I was in back at OutBack. I would like to find the next Ryan, so any of you smart guys out there with not enough to do and like to work way too hard doing fun Solar stuff, give me a ring or send an e-mail.
Thanks,
Robin Gudgel
President
MidNite Solar
robin@midnitesolar.com
360-403-7207

Yes Ryan is leaving some big shoes to fill.  My suggestion for a replacement -  I think you should contact Vic and see if he is interested.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

CDN-VT

I agree on Vic & would put a Canadian Gent up , The Coot of Cariboo : CaribooCoot  always was such a rational MOD & Responded on NAWS ..

For A MOD

Tech rep , well thats Ryan all in one !! Good webinar again Sir , I ask the missing info questions .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

boB

I will really miss Ryan.  I mean, it's not like he's dying or something so we'll still see him around

on the sub-etherwave bands.  Maybe the ham bands too !

boB
K7IQ
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Jacotenente

Thank you to Ryan from all of us backyard, shadetree, garage dwelling, redneck DIYers! I didn't know jack about solar till I was referred to Midnite Solar equipment by a fellow YouTuber. I soon learned that Outback and Midnite Solar equipment is the best way to go. Ryan's videos are very educational and concise. We learn, grow vicariously through his technical savvy. Best of luck and thanks.

Chris