Question about difference between Absorb Setpoint and Actual Voltage.

Started by dRdoS7, April 02, 2017, 09:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dRdoS7

Hi,

Usually, in the past, I have had my Absorb Setpoint at about 0.1v above what I wanted. This has worked fine since I bought the Classic 200 in 2013. Lately, I have found that I have to have it nearly 1.0v lower than I want. Currently  :o I need to have it set at 57.6 to achieve 58.5.

I will do a VMM tomorrow morning, see if a reset fixes it.

Anybody seen this?

I have no Temp. Comp. or Volt Offset in place.

Now this part is really weird: I was checking that I actually did have nothing, and when I noticed -0.5mv/DegC/Cell, I set that to zero. The the voltage dropped down to the SP!

I didn't have "Comp Eq" ticked, so it should have had no effect (so I thought).

Of course, once I set it to Zero, my BTS was no longer displaying. I got a "Sensor not installed" for the Batt. Temp. in LocalApp. I set it back to -0.5, Temp. reading again.

Since I did that though, the voltage diff didn't reappear.

Thanks,

dRdoS7

ClassicCrazy

The Comp EQ is only to temperature compensate when it is in Equalization .
For everything else like Absorb and Float it is still going to temperature compensate.

I wasn't quite sure from what you wrote - do you have the external temperature sensor installed  ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on April 02, 2017, 09:52:11 PM
The Comp EQ is only to temperature compensate when it is in Equalization .
For everything else like Absorb and Float it is still going to temperature compensate.

I wasn't quite sure from what you wrote - do you have the external temperature sensor installed  ?

Larry

OK, so the Temp. compensation applies to all modes, unless ticked, and then it will only apply to EQ?

Any reason the "sensor not connected" when the Comp. is set to Zero?

I don't need compensation, but I do want to monitor the Temp.

Yes I have the MN BTS attached (I like to watch!!).

Thanks,

dRdoS7

ClassicCrazy

I just played around with my temperature compensation a bit to see what it would do .
If I change temp  on the MNGP to zero it says " Disabled " on the MNGP but on the Local Status App it says in red letters
" Sensor not installed  " 

Anyway the simple answer to your question - temperature compensation applies to Float and Absorb all the time - but only to Equalize if that is enabled ( with check box on Local Status or Yes on MNGP )

If you set temperature compensation to 0 that will disable temp compensation.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on April 03, 2017, 02:07:11 PM

I just played around with my temperature compensation a bit to see what it would do .
If I change temp  on the MNGP to zero it says " Disabled " on the MNGP but on the Local Status App it says in red letters
" Sensor not installed  " 

Anyway the simple answer to your question - temperature compensation applies to Float and Absorb all the time - but only to Equalize if that is enabled ( with check box on Local Status or Yes on MNGP )

If you set temperature compensation to 0 that will disable temp compensation.

Larry

OK.

Strange that it disables the reading, but not the sensor, as that still gets a current. It caught me out when I swapped batteries, and I had disabled the Temp/Comp (by setting to zero) for the NiFes.

I can see now that because our temperatures have dropped significantly (and hence battery temp also) since summer ended, that's why the difference in Absorb.

I may have to install my own battery temp monitor: need to learn more about Arduino!

Thanks,

dRdoS7