whiz bang jr stuck at 100%

Started by russ_drinkwater, April 10, 2017, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

Does your buggered 200 amp switch say "DC" or made in China" China has the ability to create very large amperage breakers with the same technology that us Americans can only do half the ratings for. They are truely amazing! Cheap too!
Robin Gudgel

russ_drinkwater

Unsure Robin, possibly.
It is used on tractors here to isolate battery from starter motors by some people.
Errr, was not that cheap :(
I have not got to the sons place for over a week now as I have been sawing 8ft fences posts for a set of cattle yards and contractor
with heavy duty hydraulic digger (rock under top 12 inches of soil) is coming this monday.
He has not complained about lack of charge in the trojans so I am assuming everything else aside the sg levels of the cells are good.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

dgd

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on April 23, 2017, 12:05:41 AM
... as I have been sawing 8ft fences posts for a set of cattle yards and contractor
with heavy duty hydraulic digger (rock under top 12 inches of soil) is coming this monday.

you are putting the posts in ground as mountings for PVs? Getting them off that tin roof you told us about  last year? That should be easier to get at the PV wiring snd combiner boxes

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

russ_drinkwater

Lol, no mate. The posts are for new cattle yards!
On that subject I was on the roof yesterday cleaning the panels again as the cats seem to think they are an adventure playground!
Too many fruit trees around the houses to have ground mount solar arrays as well as the house being low against the side of a hill
for storm protection! Arrays on the roof is the best solar gain position by far.
There is a great position at the back of the house on top of the hill, but the cable run is approx 1000 meters away! :o :(
With a tracker system I would have usable solar input from 0500 to 1900 hrs in summertime, if arrays were on the hill that is.
This weekend I will be having a look at sons system again and making a few changes.
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

dgd

Quote from: russ_drinkwater on April 26, 2017, 04:52:07 PM
Lol, no mate. The posts are for new cattle yards!

Oops, sorry I read that wrong, I though they were posts for a cattle yard that were instead being cut and put into ground  - perhaps for panel mountings...
Sounds like a lot of work, have fun  :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

russ_drinkwater

I have about 6 projects to finish while winter is here including adding the last of the panels to our 2 arrays here at the house.
Caretaker has vacated the hut on one property and so I will finish off the solar system he was mucking around with on
the cottage. Have enough exide 1330 amp cells left for a 12 volt system there as well as spare 150 reg and latronics inverter.
Unsure what the voltage max output on the array is he would not listen to me when I told him the 18voc panels may not be enough
to equalize a 12 system battery bank properly. Multimeter will tell the story after I ping off the $40 chinese regs he was using!

littleharbor2

[quote author=russ_drinkwater link=topic=3695.msg35778#msg35778 date=1492032665

Goes to float every day after lunch.

Russ, What are you feeding it? Could be dietary ;D.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

russ_drinkwater

Cabbage mate!
So much gas it makes them float!
Boom boom :o ;D ;)