I lose control of Midnite

Started by peuaka, April 18, 2017, 11:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peuaka

Hello, I'm Josep from Barcelona.

I have a Midnite Classic Lite 150 since April 2013. From the beginning I notice, a mild failure, by blinking of the led lights that were flashing. But as the Midnite worked well and I could control it by the status panel, I did not make much of the problem. But now it is more serious, the flicker is constant without being able to know if it is in bulk, absorption or flotation. I also lose the midnite connection with the pc. At first I thought it was for the new firmware, but no, I tried the old ones and the Midnite does the same, even change pc, with different operating system, and does the same.
It only connects to the status panel control, for 2 or 3 minutes, just to have time to change two parameters. But soon loses the connection.
Due to all this, I am stuck to being able to advance with the Aux1 and Aux2 to channel the leftovers of energy, which I wanted to take advantage of for an Air Conditioner.

I do not know if there is any experience in this, or you could give me some advice to regularize the Midnite.

regards

Josep

ClassicCrazy

I believe I remember reading there was a warranty replacement MNLP  for the LED problems on Classic Lite models.
Contact Midnite online and they can tell you for sure.
Also there were past discussions on the forums about that kind of problem.

As far as your communication trouble maybe this post will help
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=3343.msg31416#msg31416

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

WizBandit

The "All Flashing" of the MNLP LED's is caused by the firmware update.  The MNLP needs to be updated but that can't be done except in the factory.  The Fix is to request a new MNLP from tech Support.

The older Firmware had a NETWORK Bug that would lockup The Network in the Classic every 9.9 days if NIGHTLY AUTO RESET was not turned ON. The New firmware on the MidNite Web Site fixes this.  You MUST do a factory reset of the Classic after a firmware update.  The LITE uses the hardware reset method detailed on the web site.

So, update to the newest firmware, reset the Classic, all will work fine after that.

peuaka

Thank you, I'll try everything you say. I hope it works correctly. regards