problems downloading 1856 firmware

Started by RonDee, May 06, 2017, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonDee

I have search the forum and haven't found a answer, and forgive me if I overlooked it . But I can not download the firmware to my computer. it comes up as screens full of characters. I did download the other file as it instructs. What am I doing Wrong.   Thanks in advancwe.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: RonDee on May 06, 2017, 08:44:09 AM
I have search the forum and haven't found a answer, and forgive me if I overlooked it . But I can not download the firmware to my computer. it comes up as screens full of characters. I did download the other file as it instructs. What am I doing Wrong.   Thanks in advancwe.

Windows computer ?

You download the file, then drag and drop it into the drive that shows up when you put the Kid into Firmware update . Then the Kid grabs it and updates . Nothing else to it - except - make sure you follow those instructions first for the reg fix for Windows 10 and restart computer or whatever it says to do - otherwise the Kid drive will jump in and out and you will think you messed up the Kid for good ! 

You don't have to open up the file you download - maybe that is why you are seeing weird characters.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Just to make sure I just downloaded the 1856 firmware and it seemed to download okay . Are you sure you used Save to your computer and not Open ?

I just downloaded it again and this time instead of letting firefox Save it  , I let it Open the file in note pad and saw a lot of weird characters like you said.

So I think it sounds like you are downloading it and then it is opening , instead of just downloading and saving the file ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Yeah...  What is it exactly that is showing you characters up on the screen ?

What file and what program or software is displaying these characters ?

After it is all downloaded, is it the installation software or something that
was installed by that software or some text editing program like notepad or
maybe wordpad or ???

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

RonDee

It is windows 10 , I also download the other file it said to and install that on my computer. I Hit download on the firmware , your right it usually has a option on bottom to open or save. I don't get it with this particular folder , but ill check see if I can change something. Thank you

Halfcrazy

Try right clicking on the link and selecting "Save As"
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

RonDee

Thank You  will try that. As you can tell busy, not that big of deal just curious.

thanks all

Taos

I have the same problem with my laptop running windows 10 , I first downloaded the reg fix saved it ,then ran the reg fix , then restarted my laptop , once it booted up pluged the kid in went to tech menu selected update software , then the window opened for the kid drive then disapeared kept doing this ,tried to drop the new software when the kid drive opened tried for about twenty time got fed up , tried doing a windows software update ,once done tried all over again same thing , went and get my old laptop with windows xp and it worked fine .
Don
400watt x12= (4800watts)Canadian solar panels,ground mount, (400 AH ) 16 Ao lithium 12volt 100ah 4s lithium  batteries , outback vfx3648 inverter 48 volt,midnite solar classic 150 charge controler,midnite solar e panel mne175al,3 surge protectors,wiz bang junior.