Classic Voice Software

Started by KyleM, June 07, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleM

Please use the Forums for all questions, comments, bug reports, feature requests etc. Any other communication with Midnite's Support team on Voice will get you a one-way ticket back to here.
WARNING we have found that turning the volume above 70 in your MNGP can harm it. Please make sure you do not go above this volume level

***Feature request added** The Dusk to Dawn Feature has been added to the latest version of the downloader.

Current voice installation process will ONLY work on Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Other options will be coming soon, please let us know if you have a favorite OS you would like us to move to the front of the queue. 

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is required for this update as well.... sorry Windows XP users. If you are not sure you have the latest, there is a link in the attached document.
The document is in Word format. If you have troubles with it please comment below, and I will pull out my carrier pigeon to deliver it in another format....  unless email would be faster.

Please remember that we will get back to your requests as soon as we can. IF you guys find bugs or have troubles with the process, please make sure you list the steps that got you there.

That being said....let the games begin

Thanks, Kyle

ClassicCrazy

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Westbranch

Ok, Robin said it is a 3 hr download. 

How big is the file and why so long to get it on a Removable Terabyte drive for install?

tks
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Resthome

Quote from: Westbranch on June 07, 2017, 11:51:39 PM

How big is the file and why so long to get it on a Removable Terabyte drive for install?

tks

WB

The doc say that it is the install of the voice files to the Classic that take up to 150 minutes. The install files themself in zip format are only 54Meg and 7Meg and download to my Dropbox within a few minutes for the larger one.

150 minutes is a long time for things to go a muck. So not sure if I will attemp this on my only working Classic. Would much rather have a spare Classic to try this long of a firmware update on.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

KyleM

CDN-VT

Please feel free to give it a try, every attempt I have tried to run the Voice Loader Tool on XP has failed.
-Kyle

KyleM

Resthome

I understand your hesitation, so far every problem I have run into has been reversed by reloading the current version of our released software
http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareIndex.php

-Kyle

Resthome

Quote from: KyleM on June 08, 2017, 12:46:29 AM
Resthome

I understand your hesitation, so far every problem I have run into has been reversed by reloading the current version of our released software
http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareIndex.php

-Kyle

Yeah my only hesitation is being out on the lake with no internet access to read the forums. I will have to make sure I have access to old and new files on my laptop.  I have the latest WIN 10 Creator installed and I did the last firmware update with the Classic Programmer for both the Classic and the MNGP without problems. 

Is there a real reason to go back to DHCP if I'm set up with a Static IP?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

Resthome

Also is there any Docs on just what functions and Menu items has been loaded for Voice?
John

KyleM

Quote from: Resthome on June 08, 2017, 01:03:17 AM
Also is there any Docs on just what functions and Menu items has been loaded for Voice?

In our haste to get this out, we did not get a complete list of all functions yet. We are currently working on Spanish and French versions, I am hoping to have a completed list as those are completed.
-Kyle

and if you have already established a static IP connection you can keep it for this update. I wrote my instructions for people trying to set this up from scratch.

dapsyra

The "Leslie_Eng.bin" file is not inside the MNGPVoiceFileLoader-win32-x64 folder.  Please check.
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=46221
Midnite Classic 150/WBJr., 21 Roysolar 300Wp, 55V/400AH Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) Battery, Mercury MC5048E 5KVA Inverter

KyleM

Quote from: dapsyra on June 08, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
The "Leslie_Eng.bin" file is not inside the MNGPVoiceFileLoader-win32-x64 folder.  Please check.

In an effort to cut down the size of that file I placed that .bin file in the 2151 folder sorry for the confusion.

-Kyle

ClassicCrazy

Have the firmware and MNGP updates done - voice stuff is flowing all according to directions - but no joke - takes a really long time ! I haven't been timing it - but should have - been way more than an hour so far.
Will check back in when it is all done !
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Okay - all done and working . It talks . I put it in Verbose mode and it reads most of the screens .
Maybe tomorrow will do my other Classic after I make sure that the charging stuff works right on this one - ha ha .

Is there a brief explanation of the voice features ?  I kind of can guess - Rick Mode minimal talking or none. Error - only  speaks out Errors ?
Verbose reads the screens from what I can tell , and I haven't really tried Chatty Cathy yet.

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on June 08, 2017, 12:33:35 AM
Quote from: Westbranch on June 07, 2017, 11:51:39 PM

tks

WB

The doc say that it is the install of the voice files to the Classic that take up to 150 minutes. The install files themself in zip format are only 54Meg and 7Meg and download to my Dropbox within a few minutes for the larger one.

150 minutes is a long time for things to go a muck. So not sure if I will attemp this on my only working Classic. Would much rather have a spare Classic to try this long of a firmware update on.

Yeah it took hours for the voice stuff to upload - but at least that is via IP instead of having to have computer plugged in to the short usb cable.

So my laptop  was plugged into router for voice upload  which also had Classic plugged in to same router. I didn't do any of this wireless - or didn't have any wireless links on it so can't comment on that how it would work. The upload software found the Classic no problem and transferring from file location was fine ( as stated before Leslie folder is in update file )

It does give a bar graph of progress and data amount at the bottom of the upload screen.
My questions would be - what happens if you interrupt voice download midway ?  Will you have to start all over from scratch or will it pick up from where it stopped ?
And I didn't try it because I didn't want to mess anything up - but what would happen if someone tried to connect via Local Status App while the voice stuff is uploading ?  Just won't connect or would it mess any of the data transfer up ?

Otherwise the regular firmware update and MNGP update were just like any others - I used Windows 10 for all of this and no problems.

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Almost midnight here and I hear someone talking outside and wonder who is outside talking - and finally realized it is the Classic out in the shed talking !  What it was talking about I didn't hear . Changed it from Verbose to OFF ! For tonight anyway - what the heck -  that could keep someone up at night !

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable