The idea behind this board..........

Started by Halfcrazy, November 30, 2012, 12:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

I decided it was time to get the Beta firmware off the main website and host it here. The idea will be a new thread for each release and allow us to talk about the release.

Please realize this firmware is BETA and may contain bugs or quirks, please do not use this in a location or installation where any oddities can not be tolerated.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dbcollen

I can tolerate the oddities, as long as we can get them sorted back out. I have tried everything I can think of to get the firmware to load. Is there a way to flash via network?

Mike_Midnite

dbcollen, is it connecting to the comm port at all? In device manager is the classic showing up as bootloader under port 8? If its showing in device manager and not connecting to the comm port with our update app then this is an issue with windows. Windows 8 has better USB support and will connect every time. Its a shame they never fixed this on XP, or 7.
Mike Wood
Midnite Solar Inc
Mike@midnitesolar.com

dbcollen

every now and then if I click the update classic 250 button while the classic is already powered on it says something like connected uploading, file corrupt, then the window closes. I have tried the update with 2 different laptops, one with XP, one with 7 home premium x64, I will try with a 3rd netbook with xp.

dbcollen

it shows up in device manager as "USB CDC serial port emulator (COM 8)

Are you telling me I need to BUY another Redmond virus (win 8) to fix this?

dbcollen

Just got off the phone with Ryan, new classic on the way.
You guys are GREAT.

thanks,
Dustin

TomW

Quote from: dbcollen on November 30, 2012, 04:02:33 PM
Just got off the phone with Ryan, new classic on the way.
You guys are GREAT.

thanks,
Dustin

Dustin;

So did you guys decide you broke it somehow or what?  ;D

Can't beat a warranty replacement! Do you use this on your hydro?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

It was a very early one and Dustin could not get it to take firmware at all.

Ryan

dbcollen

No Tom,  it is on a 2kw CdTe thin film solar array with a Voc of 180v. The hydro is HV induction and has a cap/transformer/rectifier set that I built and runs at 380v into the transformers and is connected directly to the batts, I use "waste not high" on Aux2 for diversion into a pair of 1kw 48v heating elements in a water heater.  The hydro is presently running at 1000w with this storm.

Halfcrazy

Na we do not promote the use of windows  ::)

I am running 7 across the board although I did update to 8 on my laptop and got to say it SUCKS, took me 30 minutes to shut it off they took away the START button. Any ways one of these days I will get brave and run UBUNTU on the laptop for good.

Ryan

boB

Quote from: Halfcrazy on November 30, 2012, 04:48:00 PM

I am running 7 across the board although I did update to 8 on my laptop and got to say it SUCKS, took me 30 minutes to shut it off they took away the START button. Any ways one of these days I will get brave and run UBUNTU on the laptop for good.

Ryan

Sounds like they also removed the STOP button !!

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on November 30, 2012, 04:48:00 PM

Ryan
Run a dual boot, then. That's what I do, because of one (1) program I can't get to work under WINE (the Linux windows emulator.) I run local app off wine, fwiw.