Classic Voice Software

Started by KyleM, June 07, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Thanks for the updates Larry. Guess I'll give it a try next week.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 10, 2017, 12:26:30 AM
Almost midnight here and I hear someone talking outside and wonder who is outside talking - and finally realized it is the Classic out in the shed talking !  What it was talking about I didn't hear . Changed it from Verbose to OFF ! For tonight anyway - what the heck -  that could keep someone up at night !

Larry

I figured out that in the audio mode if I press Advanced  there are two numbers which represent minutes for automatic announcements. It was default set to 60 I think  and that is why it would start talking by itself reading the present screen every hour . There is also a timer for Error reports too ( think that is what it is )

The timer can be set in one minute increments from 1 to 24 hours . But there is no zero. I set it to one minute and yes every minute it will read off the screen. I guess if you set it to 24 hours you could make something of an alarm clock out of it talking . I though maybe Rick mode was to just read the screen once but have not been able to hear it talk at all in Rick Mode. If you press Enter in a voice mode you get a solid tone.  Seems like there must be some mode that will just read the screens once as you scroll through them via status button but I haven't figured that out yet.

Wondering  if Local Status App will be updated to configure voice settings ?

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Just started updating second Classic.
As with other - firmware and MNGP on Windows 10 loaded up as normal no troubles.
I experimented a bit with uploading voice files.
Briefly tried static by unchecking Auto Detect in voice upload program. Didn't get it to work but didn't really try it more than once . Set it to DHCP and then tried it with Local Status App already connected and that was no go .
Got it uploading with Local Status App off and it seemed to freeze up on file 7 of upload so restarted upload program and started voice files upload again and it went past file 7 and seems to be running smoothly.
I tried to connect Local Status App while voice uploading voice files and Local Status App won't see Classic - it does see other Classic that I updated yesterday . But that is no surprise because we already know Classic can only connect to one thing at a time on IP .
So will see how long this upload takes if I am around to catch when it is done.
I am unsure if Classic has quit  charging while this upload is happening because MNGP display is mirroring the Audio File upload of the computer program upload status and it won't show any other screens.
I will go put my clamp meter on battery cable to see if any charging is happening.
Yes it seems to still be charging according to the amp meter .
But if you are at all concerned about knowing what is going on with charging  I would recommend doing this update at night .

Just checked on MyMidnite and it continues to update online there while voice files upload so there is that way to monitor what the Classic is doing .

Later .....  - went to town - came back and found MNGP in Got Comm not communicating
Computer voice file upload program showed 44482 out of 62283  files loaded but it was stuck at that number and not uploading any more.
Tried to instantiate upload but nothing got it going again.
So unplugged MNGP and plugged back in and normal display screens were on.
Started voice files upload program again and - it is starting from zero again - so will see how this one goes .

Later again ....
Upload locked up again - maybe when I opened Local Status App to look at other Classic.
So took off 20 foot extension cable on MNGP -- put it on Classic with supplied short cable, did VMM , reloaded setpoints in with Local Status App, shut off Local Status app and now attempting third try of voice data files upload - see how this goes.

.... Third time was the charm and it loaded and yes it took at least 3 hours.
I noticed it reading the input voltage wrong and also reads the Voc voltage wrong  . Maybe someone else can confirm this.  Also it just announced Float  79% State of Charge but the SOC is 99% .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Robin

Larry, you are the first to do this outside of MidNite. Thanks for sticking with it. We will be taking note of all the issues that you and others experience. Andrew in France is the engineer that did all the voice stuff. Kyle M is the one who has made sure things can actually be uploaded.
Keep it up and we will eventually have a pretty interesting product. You have already discovered that this can become a burglar deterrent when programmed in Chatty Kathy or Verbose. Chatty Kathy has some interesting things you will discover.
Rick mode should be totally silent. Rick hates lights, so we figured he would hate noise also, hence Rick Mode.
You do have the option to turn the volume down so you don't have to listen to Leslie all the way into the house.
Try finding the audio test mode. You will hear every word and phrase she knows. We have not taken advantage of all she knows yet, but she does know how to talk for about fifteen minutes. You all may have some ideas on what you would like her to say using the voice files already loaded in your Classic. By using the existing voice files, we can possibly have the Classic talk about many more things without having to reload the 3 hours of voice files. But, to add just one new word will probably force another total 3 hour upload. I am sure Kyle M and Andrew will be taking note on all you request.
Welcome to our new and weird feature. It has only taken eleven years to get here!
Robin Gudgel

ClassicCrazy

Playing the test
What was that one
" I will let you know when things are going south " ha ha
and
waa waa waa

There should be a way for users to customize and string together the words and stuff   - now that would make it fun ! 

Frogs , Wallee , bubbling , drinks pouring  , "  Were going down captain ! " 

There are some good ones in there -  - good job !
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

CDN-VT

Chance Larry of uploading a You Tube ?

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: CDN-VT on June 11, 2017, 12:30:15 AM

VT
Hey not a bad idea ! You ask you receive so here is a Youtube video of it in action.
My upload speed is slow so this is a short one but gives you the idea.
https://youtu.be/NaWmrLdqu4k

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 11, 2017, 11:28:29 AM
Quote from: CDN-VT on June 11, 2017, 12:30:15 AM

VT
Hey not a bad idea ! You ask you receive so here is a Youtube video of it in action.
My upload speed is slow so this is a short one but gives you the idea.
https://youtu.be/NaWmrLdqu4k

Larry

Thanks Larry,

See what you mean about it not matching the data shown on the displays. Could be some kind of lag time between display readings and voice playback which isn't very impressive IMHO.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Vic

YES,  Thanks Larry for delving into the Classic Voice.

Interesting.   Looks like this was a lot of work for the MidNite Crew.   Good Work!

Will need to Update Classics here and try it.

Thanks for sharing.   73   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

binkino

sorry for that question :D but why would we need a talking Classic?

As it is much comfortable using the app from Graham for viewing the Classic and we still have not get a newer / better / overworked setup application (LA) ... I am wondering, why these things happen ...
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php

binkino

QuoteMicrosoft .NET Framework 4.6 is required for this update as well.... sorry Windows XP users.
That is the right way... many users use an older laptop for accessing the Classic. Brilliant.
ignorant and the Framework crap ... lol
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: binkino on June 11, 2017, 05:35:32 PM
sorry for that question :D but why would we need a talking Classic?

As it is much comfortable using the app from Graham for viewing the Classic and we still have not get a newer / better / overworked setup application (LA) ... I am wondering, why these things happen ...

Don't need the voice . And it is optional so don't need to turn it on . But now that I have it on it is interesting sometimes to hear it tell you certain events like changing state of charge. I could see it being very useful for speaking out errors or alarms .
The voice talking feature was something advertised when the Classic first came out . So it took awhile and yes it does have some bugs that will probably be worked out.

The Watts error seems to be just putting decimal point into the number that doesn't need one.
As far as how it is getting those wrong Input voltage and Voc voltage don't know - maybe they are grabbing the wrong value of something else. I have heard it speak the correct numbers - maybe only happens when voltage is above a certain point.

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Sunshine

Quote from: binkino on June 11, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
QuoteMicrosoft .NET Framework 4.6 is required for this update as well.... sorry Windows XP users.
That is the right way... many users use an older laptop for accessing the Classic. Brilliant.
ignorant and the Framework crap ... lol
There is no intention to make the upload of voice mandatory, just an option for those that do want it. We completely understand that for many, a 3 hour download is simply not an option. Rest assured, the latest version of the firmware will remain available, no voice required. We will also be offering an option for users to return their MNGP to us and for a small fee we will reprogram it for voice, for those who may not have the internet speed required but do want to have voice.

dapsyra

I took the plunge.  Uploaded the voice file to the MNGP.  I queued the file before going to bed and by morning, it was done.

There was no voice output even after configuring the voice menu to Chatty Kathy.  I opened up the MNGP and found the speaker cables disconnected.  Plugged in the cables and Classic 150 is been chatting thereafter.
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=46221
Midnite Classic 150/WBJr., 21 Roysolar 300Wp, 55V/400AH Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) Battery, Mercury MC5048E 5KVA Inverter

KyleM

Quote from: dapsyra on June 12, 2017, 02:58:25 PM
I took the plunge.  Uploaded the voice file to the MNGP.  I queued the file before going to bed and by morning, it was done.

There was no voice output even after configuring the voice menu to Chatty Kathy.  I opened up the MNGP and found the speaker cables disconnected.  Plugged in the cables and Classic 150 is been chatting thereafter.

I will not go into how many times this got me in my testing but it was more than a few.  :D 

-Kyle