Classic Voice Software

Started by KyleM, June 07, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyleM

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 09, 2017, 11:04:05 PM
Okay - all done and working . It talks . I put it in Verbose mode and it reads most of the screens .
Maybe tomorrow will do my other Classic after I make sure that the charging stuff works right on this one - ha ha .

Is there a brief explanation of the voice features ?  I kind of can guess - Rick Mode minimal talking or none. Error - only  speaks out Errors ?
Verbose reads the screens from what I can tell , and I haven't really tried Chatty Cathy yet.

Larry

Here is a tentative untested list of the menus:

Off - no voice

Rick Mode -  Arc Fault and Ground fault only.

Errors- Any "errors" no PV voltage, Over voltage etc plus everything above

Warnings - Errors and warnings. (Partial shading, current limit, etc.) Plus everything above.

Verbose - Menu help message the first time through menus.AKA " here is where you set ..."  Info (like status) and charge stage, plus everything above.

Chatty Cathy  - Menu help message every time through the menus, info(like status) and charge stage, everything above, plus random silly messages.

-Kyle

ClassicCrazy

Any idea why it reads input voltage okay sometimes and other times gives the wrong reading ? My only thought is maybe above a certain input voltage it does not read correctly . Right now 75 volts  is reading okay . Same with Voc -reading okay now at 75v in Resting state. Tomorrow when the sun comes back out I can try to watch and see if it goes flakey above a certain voltage.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Updated the Classic and the MNGP and loaded the Voice file with the Voice Loader tonight. No issues with the updates. Voice file took 2 hrs to load.

One comment on the voice loader. it would be nice if it has a complete message. As it was 1 number off from the file size when it finish. I realize the Classic display changed but it was a little scrambled until a key wa press.

It was after sundown so no solar. At first the Classic was going into Float with 0 watts then it would go to Resting and some times it wouls say Bulk with 0 watts. Never remember seeing that before. It has finially settled on Resting for the night. I'll check it more closely when the sun comes up in the morning.

Yea, amazing the lake is coming up a foot/day and is only 12 feet from full so i was able to get a data signal with my phone for a HotSpot this evening.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

mike90045

Quote from: Sunshine on June 12, 2017, 12:43:49 PM
There is no intention to make the upload of voice mandatory, just an option for those that do want it. We completely understand that for many, a 3 hour download is simply not an option. Rest assured, the latest version of the firmware will remain available, no voice required. We will also be offering an option for users to return their MNGP to us and for a small fee we will reprogram it for voice, for those who may not have the internet speed required but do want to have voice.

That answers my greatest fear, being forced to "update" from XP to win 10 to install simple firmware.

Q)  Are there any plans to create a Linux flavor installer, that can run from any free, secure linux box ?  THAT would get my attention in a heartbeat, then I can scrap the old XP laptop that I install FW from.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

KyleM

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 12, 2017, 08:15:04 PM
Any idea why it reads input voltage okay sometimes and other times gives the wrong reading ? My only thought is maybe above a certain input voltage it does not read correctly . Right now 75 volts  is reading okay . Same with Voc -reading okay now at 75v in Resting state. Tomorrow when the sun comes back out I can try to watch and see if it goes flakey above a certain voltage.

Larry

We have been seeing cases where the voltage reading is different than the listed voltage on the screen. We are looking into this.
-Kyle

Resthome

Quote from: KyleM on June 13, 2017, 01:44:59 PM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 12, 2017, 08:15:04 PM

Larry

We have been seeing cases where the voltage reading is different than the listed voltage on the screen. We are looking into this.
-Kyle

I'm seeing that also, for stable reading that are not jumping around it seem to be okay. The current reading are noisy and i think is just behind what is on the screen. Don't know how offen the screen is updated but believe it is pretty fast.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

Resthome

How often is Chatty Cathy suppose to speak when left on a single status screen?

And what are the Advance setting for?
John

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on June 13, 2017, 09:40:00 PM
How often is Chatty Cathy suppose to speak when left on a single status screen?

And what are the Advance setting for?

The advanced setting is time between automatic announcements I think.
So if you set it to 2 it will read the screen every 2 minutes.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

CDN-VT

Mr Larry ,
That was Great !!
Back from F1 In Quebec
Can I pick a nicer Ausi woman's voice ?? I tossed out the pass window the angry american yeller  (GPS) & got a tom-tom with a nice Auzi girls voice  ( Mistress ) !!! Ya  dream VT

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

CDN-VT

www.formula1.com

2017   Canadian Grand Prix    -  Formula One World Championship
Jun 11  -  Circuit Gilles Villeneuve  -  70 laps  -  190 miles

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/races/2017/Canada.html

Large Go-Karts  ;)
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

boB

I wanted voice for many years and then I kinda didn't care so much, even when it was recently being developed..

Now I LOVE it !   It is very handy to have it tell me the status every so often (15 minutes now)

So, an English or Ozzie voice ?  Those are nice...   Kind of like turning on an italic font !

I haven't seen the wrong voltage being spoken but I did notice that when you press Force Float or
Force Bulk, the status skips that name being said.  ooops !   That's been forwarded onto the
speech team.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

On the status screen with Watts the Watts spoken is off by a factor of 10.
John

ClassicCrazy

When it is 90 volts input it wll say  it is 70 something  - same with voc .
So for some reason when it gets above a certain voltage it reads wrong.
But I haven't watched it close enough to find where the point is when it goes goofy .

Since I don't have the Classic inside - I can now tell at dusk when it starts going from resting to float and back again and back - cause it tells me.   So yeah the voice can give you info while you are doing something else - you don't have to watch it .

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on June 15, 2017, 01:15:41 AM
When it is 90 volts input it wll say  it is 70 something  - same with voc .
So for some reason when it gets above a certain voltage it reads wrong.
But I haven't watched it close enough to find where the point is when it goes goofy .

Since I don't have the Classic inside - I can now tell at dusk when it starts going from resting to float and back again and back - cause it tells me.   So yeah the voice can give you info while you are doing something else - you don't have to watch it .

Larry

My VOC is arround 42 volts so I won't see this one.  Amps seem to be the one that is most off because it is noisy and jumps around.  I also find that on the WBjr status screen it doesn't read the system Amps for me.  But the other info on that screen seem to be correct.
John