Basics of custom wind curves

Started by jimskau, June 20, 2017, 06:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimskau

Hi guys,

I am trying to understand the basics of building a wind curve for a HY-1500 48V windmill. Found an old thread but the link that gets referred to is dead  :-\
Watching Ryans video the actual programming is simple enough but being a true solar geek and not a turbine tweaker I kinda need some basics to write my own curve, or even better piggyback on someone who has gone through the trouble and done one.
What are the general guidelines for these amp to voltage ratios? I can dig that it has to be a continuous rising curve but are there some basic principles to consider?
Can I tweak the curve to keep the line voltage under reasonable control?
The HYE 1500/48V 3 phase  windmill was installed at a client with a 48VDC rolls S-605 battery system. It's completely uncontrollable in strong winds. We have seen a peak of 190 VDC logged on the midnite 150 so now the turbine is only connected when the owner is home.... not an ideal solution but the clipper is a bit cost heavy for the actual harvest potential (read the client prefers to fry his classic :-(

With hopes and anticipation,

Don Skau
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1,8 Kw mixed array, Midnite Classic 150
1 Jack Russel terrier
SmartGauge battery monitor & a hell of a lot of Vines :-)

ClassicCrazy

This is a do it yourself  alternative to a Clipper

http://www.windsine.org/2017/05/28/windtac-controller/

As far as the link for forums that does not work - the  topic is probably still there in these forums  but the forums address recently changed so that is probably why the old link doesn't work.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

jimskau

Cheers Larry,

Looks like a really interesting read. Evening Time here in Spain so time to let the chickens in and get the supper going; I'll take a readthrough later tonight.

Jim
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1,8 Kw mixed array, Midnite Classic 150
1 Jack Russel terrier
SmartGauge battery monitor & a hell of a lot of Vines :-)