LiTime lithium Batteries

Started by FIRECAT, October 27, 2023, 12:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIRECAT

New to this forum, looking for information about LiTime lithium batteries (formerly Amphertime). Has anyone used a Classic 150 with these batteries and how did they work for them. I am looking at the 24v 200amp batteries (400 amp bank of 2 batteries in parallel).

ClassicCrazy

I don't have those batteries but they should work with Classic though you will need to watch the charge parameters until you get them tweaked properly. By tweaking I mean the cables voltage drop offset on the Classic needs to be set properly at the top charging point.
Personally I would consider other batteries in the same price range because of these reasons - better warranty , better bms ( with communications,some smart bms functions, and monitoring software), probably better quality cells ( compare the specs carefully) , and ability to open up case if ever needed  ( a metal case and not a glued together plastic one), some models have display screen built in,  and the others might have better customer support. Also better connection terminals.
If you are located in usa check
https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-ll-lithium-battery-v2-24v-200ah-server-rack-battery/

Also consider upgrading to 48v though I understand that might mean an inverter upgrade too.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable