Little Willy

Started by Raechel, July 03, 2017, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN-VT

Quote from: Highflyer on September 14, 2017, 02:34:57 PM
WOW,

"How about one for the Ladies."  There is no doubt that women entered the workforce in large numbers back then and produced great things.  It was only fitting to give them a shout out as well.

I agree .
Still Little Willy was fine also , but The Kid / The Brat / The classic /The B17  , The Rosie ,, Well it rings off .
I do like the admiration for the Woman / Ladies but it's off in my eyes.

Joke for the folks :
A young woman was preparing for her wedding.

She asked her mother to go out and buy a nice long black negligee and carefully place it in her suitcase so it would not wrinkle.

Well, Mom forgot until the last minute, so she dashed out and could only find a short pink nightie. She bought it and threw it into the suitcase.

After the wedding the bride and groom enter their hotel room. The groom was a little self-conscious so he asked his new bride to change in the bathroom and promise not to peek while he got ready for bed.

While she was in the bathroom, the bride opened her suitcase and saw the negligee her mother had thrown in there. She exclaimed, "Oh no! It's short, pink, and wrinkled!"

Then her groom cried out, "I told you not to peek!"

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

CDN-VT

Not to shun Mr Brians "Rosie "

You still get a prize !!!
Just my thinking & feeling
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.

Highflyer

Riverwind and VT,

No offense taken.  It is a little quirky, but try to let it grow on you.  "Rosie the inverter," she works hard, looks sexy, and she's not a loudmouth.  I also look forward to the poster!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Westbranch

I'm trying to visualize the whole family of 'Rosies' like the 12, 24 and 48 volt inverters and how to name them, ''Rosie - 12'', ''Rosie - 24'' and '' Rosie -48''...??? Nah...

The SWMBO suggested these   'Rosie MAXI', 'Rosie MIDI' and 'Rosie MINI'...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

keithwhare

"Rosie the Inverter" could be riveting.

CDN-VT

Raechel

Thanks Highflyer for the fabulous name! I was delighted when Robin told me what he decided to name the inverter. As a side note, Norman Rockwell's iconic picture of Rosie the Riveter is one of my favorites and I for one am certainly looking forward to working on this marketing campaign.

Highflyer- You have won a FREE Rosie!

To everyone else- I have been told that if you contributed ideas, we will give you a very special discount for a Rosie of your own.

So that I know who all of you are, I am asking that everyone on this thread please send me an e-mail with your contact info and your forum user name so I don't miss anyone. Looking forward to hearing from all of you and we truly value your input! -Raechel

raechel@midnitesolar.com

CDN-VT

Well Done Mr Brian !
Thanks Ms Raechel , nice prize !

Highflyer

Everything Midnite makes is quality.  So adding a Rosie the inverter to the mix of stuff I have is only going to make my systems better.  The real problem is going to be wiping the smile off my face.  I am honored, humbled and happy all at the same time.

In the US, Rosie the riveter was a watershed moment.  This was an unstoppable change to how the US works.  Yes it is a tall order, but Rosie the inverter has the same potential to change this game.  And with Midnite's customer support, this should be an easy out of the park home run.  I can't wait to put mine into action, it is going to be a very nice upgrade on the farm.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Riverwind

Ok Highflyer it's growing on me...but just a little.
By the way here's a fascinating article about Rosie The Riveter, she originated with Westinghouse who created in-house posters to generate worker enthusiasm and cooperation:

"One of the major functions of corporate war committees was to manage labor and discourage any type of labor disputes that might disrupt production. From this perspective, images of happy workers expressing support for the war effort and/or workers’ abilities served as propaganda that encouraged workers to identify with one another and management as a team; “patriotism could be invoked to circumvent strikes and characterize workers’ unrest as un-American”"

https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2011/01/04/myth-making-and-the-we-can-do-it-poster/

unyalli

Can we know if it will be a load sharing inverter?

- Jeff

boB

Quote from: unyalli on September 27, 2017, 07:18:03 PM
Can we know if it will be a load sharing inverter?

- Jeff

Jeff, do you maybe mean  "Peak Shaving" inverter ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

unyalli

AKA hybrid like the magnum msh4024m.

boB

Quote from: unyalli on September 27, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

Yes.  It should be able to charge batteries while powering the AC output load.
The amount of charging power will, as always, depend on how much the load
is requiring due to the finite input current capacity allowed by the wire and
AC input breaker size. 

When battery charging AND powering an AC output pass-through load and
the AC input current tries to rise above maximum rating, the charger circuit
will "back off" so the output current can continue to be powered at the
expense of the battery not charging as much during that time. 

It should also be able to use the inverter & battery to supplement  power to
the AC load temporarily.  This is very similar to how a grid-tie inverter works
except it is "selling back" battery power to the inverter's AC output rather
than to the inverter's AC input (the grid)

Any decent inverter/charger used for off-grid or marine/mobile applications
"should" be able to do these functions of course  :)

I probably said more than you wanted to hear but maybe others wanted to know
a wee bit about this.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: boB on September 27, 2017, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: unyalli on September 27, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

I probably said more than you wanted to hear but maybe others wanted to know
a wee bit about this.

boB

Wee bits are always good! :)
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I