Little Willy

Started by Raechel, July 03, 2017, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailey

Given the B17 moniker, how about either:  "P-38 Lightning" or "P-51 Mustang"?

Cheers,

Kirk Bailey
Abundant Solar, LLC

Highflyer

Well "liberator" Or Mitchell" would be in the same vein as the B-17 and I would like to suggest "Mitchell."  The B-25 was rugged, preformed many roles, and was one of the first to respond to "the empire." I suspect this new inverter will be used in a host of tasks and we know it will be built rugged.  Besides, no one has ever call their little willy "Mitchell."
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

dbcollen

Quote from: Robin on July 25, 2017, 12:36:38 AM
Keep the names coming. Everyone gets to vote. I too like the name Little Willy, but there are quite a few perverts out there that think it is a bad name. Sadly, I will bow to pressure on this subject and have agreed to change the name.

My mind hadn't even gone there, but now that it has....
You could keep the "Little Willy" name and go with a Monty Python theme for other units. "Tiny Tadger" for a smaller one and "Biggus Dickus" for a larger one  ;D

Highflyer

One other thought about the name, why not a girls name. "Rosie" comes to mind, and the hard working image for the name Rosie comes from the greatest generation.  She would be right at home with a B-17 or Kids.
Brian

boB

Quote from: Highflyer on September 06, 2017, 10:40:36 PM
One other thought about the name, why not a girls name. "Rosie" comes to mind, and the hard working image for the name Rosie comes from the greatest generation.  She would be right at home with a B-17 or Kids.

Kind of like, Rosie the Riveter

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

0jenroc

Highflyer

Quote from: boB on September 07, 2017, 12:13:00 AM
Quote from: Highflyer on September 06, 2017, 10:40:36 PM

Kind of like, Rosie the Riveter

Yep, that the one!  When I was in college a long time ago, one of the ladies running the Physics department was a welder during the war.  Her stories were inspiring.  I miss Stella, she was the real deal.
Brian

keithwhare

The specifications of the Little Willy suggests that it will be a solid device that will be useful in off-grid, unimproved areas.

To go along with the B17 theme, how about something like along the lines of:
  C46 Commando
  C47 Skytrain or Dakota

Of these, I prefer C47.

There were also variations of the C47 for troop transport called the C-53 Skytrooper.

Skytrooper is a possibility as it invoked the idea of power from the sun in the sky.

So I suggest either C47 or Skytrooper.

Keith

Westbranch

Keith, make s me think of the Star Wars Imperial Storm Troopers etc. ( with music playing in my head...)
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

russ_drinkwater

Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

CDN-VT

I like the Little Willy !!
Screw the perverts & wrong minds .

Some dayz I can get both feet stuck in my mouth & not know ,till my wife explains it to me !!
My mind don't think that way .

VT   
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Riverwind

How bout SKOOKUM  ;D
. From Wikipedia: Skookum is a Chinook Jargon word that has historical use in the Pacific Northwest. It has a range of meanings, commonly associated with an English translation of "strong" or "monstrous". The word can mean "strong",[1] "greatest", "powerful", "ultimate", or "brave". Something can be skookum, meaning "strong" or "monstrously significant". When used in reference to another person, e.g., "he's skookum", it conveys connotations of reliability or a monstrous nature, as well as strength, size or hard-working.

Robin

It is looking like High Flyer wins. Everyone so far really likes the name Rosie. I do think we can put together some great ads based on that name. So Raechel, what does he win for naming the Rosie?

By the way we are now actively looking for a board layout person to get Rosie off the ground fast. Everyone else available is already working on boards for the B17. I would like some beta units shipped by January. We have a lot to do!
Robin Gudgel

Highflyer

WOW,

I am humbled and honored.  I really love the stuff you guys make and the fact that the B-17 was named for the greatest generation was awesome.  Then it came to me, "How about one for the Ladies."  There is no doubt that women entered the workforce in large numbers back then and produced great things.  It was only fitting to give them a shout out as well.
Brian

Riverwind

Gotta tell you I don't like the name Rosie at all, and not because I suggested something different. Just think of Rosie Odonnell immediately ...who I've never been fond of. Also, from the point of view of selling an inverter telling someone it's called Rosie I might just choke a little. But what the heck, I thought Brat and Kid were weird but customers don't seem to flinch when I tell them those names  ???