Little Willy

Started by Raechel, July 03, 2017, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onanparts

The Midnite Moonlite Series of Inverters, Available Soon to Lite up your Dark Side of the Moon. :)

The Midnite Eclipse, The Midnite Mistress and the Midnite Mystery will all be ready to Lite up your day and Briten your Nite!

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

boB

Full moon and the half moon units.

Moon Unit is already Frank Zappa's daughter's name.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Full Moon on Left, in series with a Half Moon on the Right. These are of course the liquid Cooled Inverter Prototypes. Production models should be considerably more compact.

Westbranch

boB, should we be calling it a Moon and a half? or a Full moon and a half?  ;)  :o

Sort of like the Full Moon and a half...

How much coolant is used for X cubic inches of inverter or Y kWh of output ?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

dbcollen

That appears to be an inverter and control unit from an electric car of some sort

keithwhare

About how much will Rosie the Inverter weigh?

The solar projects I've worked on have been in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The question always is can we get the needed parts there or do we need to carry them in in checked luggage?

So what I'm really asking is, If I pack a 48 volt Rosie in a suit case, will I have to pay an overweight luggage fee because its over 50 pounds?

Keith

mike90045

what is the liquid, for cooling? water? mineral oil?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

onanparts

Quote from: mike90045 on November 05, 2017, 01:30:45 PM
what is the liquid, for cooling? water? mineral oil?

I think it's a waterless coolant, no silicates or phosphates.

openplanet

I propose the following name:

The Boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIANk7zQ05w

Sunshine

Quote from: keithwhare on November 05, 2017, 09:42:37 AM

The solar projects I've worked on have been in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The question always is can we get the needed parts there or do we need to carry them in in checked luggage?

So what I'm really asking is, If I pack a 48 volt Rosie in a suit case, will I have to pay an overweight luggage fee because its over 50 pounds?

Keith

I don't know that a true answer is available for this just yet but having seen the basic size, I think it is quite possible it will come in under the 50lb restriction.

CDN-VT

Quote from: Sunshine on November 13, 2017, 04:34:02 PM
Quote from: keithwhare on November 05, 2017, 09:42:37 AM

Keith

I don't know that a true answer is available for this just yet but having seen the basic size, I think it is quite possible it will come in under the 50lb restriction.

Airport Scales are off for them !!
Measure them & they are 5-8 pounds off as I have seen !!
When I travel to areas that are NOT  like here (China , Russia etc) I travel with an encarta  (my luggage / boxes have been weighed & marked in pounds & kilos ) plus whats inside them . This is to make customs a walk thru normally .
They always try to get me to pay more , but once they see the real GOVERNMENT DOC'S , were let on & they have no comment.

Have you tried a helium suitcase  ;) 

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

Highflyer

Any update on Rosie?  Is she ready to for the red carpet yet?
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

unyalli

Quote from: Highflyer on January 01, 2018, 10:54:15 AM
Any update on Rosie?  Is she ready to for the red carpet yet?
I second the motion. Chomping at the bit.

Also the combox so I can see my Kid on my local network.

ZoNiE

"Sine"

As in "Midnight Sine"

ot "Pure"

as in "Midnight Pure" the purest sine wave inverter in the known universe...
Daily Driver: 2013 Toyota Rav4EV with Tesla Guts...
Solar Project:
1996 Safari Sahara Class A Motorhome with:
4X Hanhwa 280W panels
1X Midnight Classic-150
4X  Dying WallyWorld Energizer GC2's bought by the PO
1X 2,000W Heart Interface Freedom 20 Inverter/Charger
1X Onan Emerald 6300LP RV Genset